Logging capabilities (logs)

Votes

2024-03-24 08:16:37
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20230616 Rel. 32656 (0000)

Hi, does device has capabilities to provide a more detailed logs? The only log entries I see is "System started" and "IP and mask set to xxx". I do not see any entries about when some clients connected, disconnected, any issues, config changed etc. Another question about storage. As I understand the device does not have power independent storage to store logs, time? Whether it is possible to use external log service (server) to store extended log information if device hardware does not allow this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Logging capabilities (logs)
2024-03-25 11:02:58

nikitok wrote

Hi, does device has capabilities to provide a more detailed logs? The only log entries I see is "System started" and "IP and mask set to xxx". I do not see any entries about when some clients connected, disconnected, any issues, config changed etc. Another question about storage. As I understand the device does not have power independent storage to store logs, time? Whether it is possible to use external log service (server) to store extended log information if device hardware does not allow this?

Hi @nikitok 

There is System Logs feature on CPE Web GUI. You can refer to the User Guide of CPE to find the steps. System logs record the events and activities while the device is running.

Can you try to make some changes on CPE again and see whether you can find the logs there?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-25 11:12:41

@Hank21 Hi, I saw System Logs but I have only two entries same as in the user guide screenshot. There is nothing else like for example: "Client connected MAC..." Client disconnected... etc.

Options
2024-03-26 09:38:18

nikitok wrote

@Hank21 Hi, I saw System Logs but I have only two entries same as in the user guide screenshot. There is nothing else like for example: "Client connected MAC..." Client disconnected... etc.

Hi @nikitok 

The system logs will not record the client activities currently. If your aim is to make the troubleshooting when encounter the unstable issue, I am afraid the log feature of the CPE will do nothing.

But we have the troubleshooting FAQs to assist you build the CPE connections. You can share detail situation to us, or contact the local support to help to make the troubleshooting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.