Tablet kiosk freeze application randomely

2024-03-25 13:36:00 - last edited 2024-03-26 02:00:24

Hi,

I have an issue with one of my tablet kiosk which is POE supplied by a TP-link switch. After a moment of activity, the tablet freezes. The only the the tablet does is to make a http request then display pictures. We checked if the issue could come from an unstable internet connexion, it is not.

We have many tablets like this one, same brand & same applications installed. Some of them are plugged to a cisco switch and others to a TP-link switch.

I took the tablet and plugged it to another switch, it functionned perfeclty for 5 days without any restart.

I am sure that the issue is from the switch, I even tested the other ports. What in the TPLink switch can caused such trouble in my kiosk tablet.

Regards,

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tablet kiosk freeze application randomely
2024-03-26 02:00:15 - last edited 2024-03-26 02:00:24

Hi @Support_Gsys 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please read the community guidelines and post your thread on the correct page.

So, I am confused by your description. You also seem confused and not troubleshooting in any direction.

1. Have you considered this as a power issue? It is a tablet and it freezes and gets stuck. It could be a power throttle. Do you consider this in it?

2. This is a switch and it simply forwards the traffic and packets. I cannot think of any possibility that there is a problem in layer 2 or layer 3 that would stop it from working. The switch is on layers 1 to 3, and I don't think it is 2 and 3. So this falls back to the first question.

Is it a power issue?

Try a 3ft cable and test any ports on the switch.

And how many tablets do you have on this switch?

PoE budget screenshot?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-26 16:51:14 - last edited 2024-03-26 16:52:04

@Clive_A 

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

I know that it has to be a power issue. In this case, there is only one tablet connected to the switch. But we have the same network infra in another place and never, we got this kind of problem. And yes, I tried the other ports of the switch.

Regards,

Options
2024-03-27 01:06:25

Hi @Support_Gsys 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Support_Gsys wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

I know that it has to be a power issue. In this case, there is only one tablet connected to the switch. But we have the same network infra in another place and never, we got this kind of problem. And yes, I tried the other ports of the switch.

Regards,

If you believe this is a hardware issue with the switch, you may contact the support for further diagnosis and replace it.

I still hold my opinion that this might be a power issue. Not software because layers 2 and 3 do not make it freeze unless you have any loop.

If you have ruled these out, then replace it and see if there is an issue again. If there is, you should take a full diagnosis on your network environment. It cannot be the problem with the switch but your environment or config.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 3

Related Articles