EAP773 packetloss

EAP773 packetloss

EAP773 packetloss
EAP773 packetloss
2024-04-01 03:51:55
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I have 3 EAP773 connected to a SX3206HPP switch.  Clients will start to experience issues.   If I ping the EAP773s by their management IP I notice that one will have packetloss.   After rebooting the AP experiencing loss, clients will work normal for some time.  Eventually this happens again. 

I've tried disabling all of the radios and the packetloss to the problematic management IP will go away then as well.  If I turn the radios back on the packetloss does not seem to return until clients connect to the AP.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP773 packetloss
2024-04-02 08:32:14

ttocsr wrote

I have 3 EAP773 connected to a SX3206HPP switch.  Clients will start to experience issues.   If I ping the EAP773s by their management IP I notice that one will have packetloss.   After rebooting the AP experiencing loss, clients will work normal for some time.  Eventually this happens again. 

I've tried disabling all of the radios and the packetloss to the problematic management IP will go away then as well.  If I turn the radios back on the packetloss does not seem to return until clients connect to the AP.

Hi@ttocsr 

Could you please help to identify further information about the issues? Is that you are encountering the unstable WiFi connection issue? Or only one of the EAP773 has the issue?

Please share some screenshots of your findings, and please also try to PING the switch/router to locate the issue. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-02 12:41:25

@Hank21 

Clients do not seem to have issues connecting to the AP.

Clients have throughput or no dataflow issues.

I have had the issue with the other APs, but mostly it seems like the one has this issue more often.  It is on 1.0.6 while the other two APs run 1.0.9 (what they were shipped with).  Would it be possible to get 1.0.9 to try to load it on this AP?

The pings that I've run are from the ER8411, SX3206HPP, and the controller to the management IP of the problematic AP.  I've tried with and without a management VLAN (no impact).  Nothing else on the lan or management vlan experiences loss.  After reboot of that AP the loss goes away.

I've tried setting the radios to low power and the issue hasn't occured, but at the same time only about 2 clients end up connecting to the AP.  So this might not be of any help.

I just noticed the ability to download diagnostic data withing the controller. I'll restore to factory defaults and grab the diagnostics when the issue happens again.

Options
2024-04-02 15:18:33

For some reason, clients wouldn't switch to this AP, so I disabled the other two APs.  There are now 55 clients connecting to this AP.  The problem appeared right away.
I ran a ping in the controller GUI. This is a ping from the 10G switch to the APs management IP.

This is ping from AP to the 10G switch

Most of the clients are 2.4G clients.

I disabled the 5G and 6G radios and the packet loss issue significantly improves.

With 2.4 disabled and 5G and 6G enabled.

Options
2024-04-02 16:00:58

@ttocsr 

Further update.

With only the problematic AP powered I set the 5G radio tx power to medium.  2.4G and 6 are enabled and set to high.

I tried both of the other APs (individually powered) with 5G radio set tx power to high.  They don't suffer loss.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 4

Related Articles