Wireguard setup

Wireguard setup

Wireguard setup
Wireguard setup
2 weeks ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Has anyone succesfully managed to get a wireguard connection set up and working ?.

I want to have wireguard setup on my android phone and tunnel all traffic back through my internet conenction at home.

I have read several guides over and over, understand routing etc and the setup of IP networks but this one has me beat. I have the allowwed IP set of 0.0.0.0/0, have a dns server set (googles) but no joy.

I have tried the IP of the server and the client in the same subnet, different subnets, /24 masks, /32 masks.

I can establish the connection, get the handshakes etc but if I try and connect to anything out on the internet from my phone it just times out when I have the wireguard connection active.

I have a business trip to China coming up and need to be able to browse freely and secure my traffic.

Its been in Omada a while now and I would have thought by now any bugs or issues would have been sorted out.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireguard setup
2 weeks ago

biomed32uk wrote

Has anyone succesfully managed to get a wireguard connection set up and working ?.

I want to have wireguard setup on my android phone and tunnel all traffic back through my internet conenction at home.

I have read several guides over and over, understand routing etc and the setup of IP networks but this one has me beat. I have the allowwed IP set of 0.0.0.0/0, have a dns server set (googles) but no joy.

I have tried the IP of the server and the client in the same subnet, different subnets, /24 masks, /32 masks.

I can establish the connection, get the handshakes etc but if I try and connect to anything out on the internet from my phone it just times out when I have the wireguard connection active.

I have a business trip to China coming up and need to be able to browse freely and secure my traffic.

Its been in Omada a while now and I would have thought by now any bugs or issues would have been sorted out.

Hi @biomed32uk 

Have you read the configuration guide about How to Configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Controller? You may also try to share how you configured the VPN, provide some screenshots of the setting page.

BTW, may I confirm whether you are going to connect to the VPN when you are in mainland China? Please note that the VPN connection is NOT guaranteed when you try to connect it in mainland China since we cannot confirm whether your IP/WAN IP will be blocked for some reason or not.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 1

Related Articles