SWITCH DOESNT RECOGNISE ROOT PORT WHEN CONNECT WITH HUAWEI SWITCH

2 недель назад
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi we have connect tplink switch with huawei switch in rstp. When we connect tp link with huawei , tp link doesn't recognise root port. 

Eg. 

Port 4 is connected with huawei port shows designated. 

But when maipu come in between tplink and Huawei , same port no. 4 shows as root and other at designated. 

We tried multiple settings but doesn't work. 

We have 2 switches both have same problem 

Options
3 Reply
Re:SWITCH DOESNT RECOGNISE ROOT PORT WHEN CONNECT WITH HUAWEI SWITCH
неделю назад - last edited неделю назад

Hi @Maximums 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Does the RSTP work properly between two TP-Link switch?

It could be a compatible issue with Huawei. But we need some time before I submit a test.

I don't understand your "does not recognize" root meaning. Please be specific about this part. I tested two Omada switches and I don't think I see the issue here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Wednesday

@Clive_A  thank you for Replying.

We are an isp and we have arround 30+ switches in RSTP. 

we have Huawei switch as core Switch..  when we connect Tplink with Huawei switch say huawei port 1 to tplink port 1. Port gets up but it shows port role Designated on tplink port1. the same port should become Root. 

when i connect maipu or edgcore switch in between huawei and tplink .. port 1 on tplink becomes port role Root.  

kindly give us a solution over this ... 

Options
Thursday

Hi @Maximums 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Maximums wrote

@Clive_A  thank you for Replying.

We are an isp and we have arround 30+ switches in RSTP. 

we have Huawei switch as core Switch..  when we connect Tplink with Huawei switch say huawei port 1 to tplink port 1. Port gets up but it shows port role Designated on tplink port1. the same port should become Root. 

when i connect maipu or edgcore switch in between huawei and tplink .. port 1 on tplink becomes port role Root.  

kindly give us a solution over this ... 

Change the priority of the RSTP on the TP-Link. Will it be recognized as the Root?

The priority of other vendors might be higher than our default value. That might be the case where you see a different result.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 3

Related Articles