Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) QR code issues

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello I can no longer log into my oc200.   I had setup 2FA, but it stopped working it offered to option to reset the code by sending a email with url.

I disabled the 2FA, but I still can't log in because it requests I setup a new 2FA by scanning a new QRcode.

However the code is not readable by multiple QR readers on multiple devices.  So I can no longer log in.   So 2 things here,

1. why is the QR not working (could it be dark mde causing the issue?)

2. why can't tplink add the 8 or 16 digit number like almost every other 2FA setup?

also the same QR code is generated each time.  I see no harm in posting it here as i will disable it if im ever able to get back in.

asks for an email

then asks to scan the QR code again

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) QR code issues-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

solved the issue by cutting the image and outlining it in a very thin black outline.

So this is basically confirmed that the QRcode does not work in dark mode.

This will need to be fixed on the next release.   So expect a fix by 2026

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) QR code issues-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

solved the issue by cutting the image and outlining it in a very thin black outline.

So this is basically confirmed that the QRcode does not work in dark mode.

This will need to be fixed on the next release.   So expect a fix by 2026

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) QR code issues
2 weeks ago

Hi @j1979 

May I confirm the firmware of your OC200 and the controller version? We have confirmed that the QR code can be scanned in dark mode. You may try to upgrade the controller to latest firmware version and see whether it will fix it.

And for adding the 8 or 16 digits in Omada controller, I will mark down your request and forward to the developer department. Thanks for cooperation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) QR code issues
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Controller Version
Model
OC200 2.0
Firmware Version
2.14.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54311

Can i send you PM with a screenshot please and you can test whether you can scan it.  It only scans for me if i cut out the image and put it on a white background.   Tested iphone 6s and Android 11 phone, Android 10 tablet.  using mutiple apps.   primary app i use is Aegis.

Options