Question about igmp snooping

2024-05-20 21:36:19
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.9 Build 20240115 Rel.7284

Actually the subject. I would like to clarify the point about enabling this function and including certain ports in it

I configure the settings based on this article:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2223/

Let's say there is an nvr connected to a separate vlan subnet on the switch, and poe ip cameras are also connected to this subnet.

Do I need to enable igmp snooping if the cameras essentially send their stream to the nvr?

and if necessary, in addition to the camera ports, is it necessary to specify the nvr connection port for operation?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about igmp snooping
2024-05-21 02:46:28

Hi @Godlike66 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

For the IGMP Snooping, you should consider if you have multicast and you expect the multicast to be transferred properly.

You should check if your NVR and IPC are actually using multicast to store the video and push the streams. If yes, you should enable it and configure it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 1

Related Articles