ER706W mirrored port setup via OC300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-05-23 07:23:38 - last edited 2024-05-23 08:07:25
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240319 Rel.02617(4555)

Hi all, I am trying to set up a mirrored port on the router, for an off line IDS, I am using an OC300 with FW version 1.22.4 Build 20240304 Rel.59252

The process is quite simple BUT there is one crucial element that is very confusing.

When I open the dialogue box to choose the port to mirror, the port numbering is different from the one in the rest of the GUI.

It reports in this order, ports: 7 1 2 3 4 5 6

Some of them can be selected, and some of them can't, but even considering active ports and the port I am configuring, I am not able to figure out which port is which!

This is my setup:

WAN/LAN 1, SFP port, offline

WAN/LAN 2 set up as WAN A, active

WAN/LAN 3 set up as WAN B, now offline

WAN/LAN 4 set up as mirroring port

WAN/LAN 5, offline

WAN/LAN 6 set up as LAN1, LAN port

USB modem port empty

What I see in the mirrored port source selection is:

7 can not be selected (USB port or SFP port? I think this is the USB, but it can not be selected because there is no USB modem in it? Other offline ports can be selected!)

1 can be selected (SFP port? how can it be selected if offline?)

2 can not be selected (if WAN A why can't it be selected? It's a regular ethernet port in the end)

3 can be selected (even if offline?)

4 can not be selected (mirroring port itself?)

5 can be selected (even if offline?)

6 can be selected (is this LAN1?)

May someone give me a clue about where to find some clarification about the port numbering so I can reconcile for sure number and phisical port, understanding exactly what I can and what I can't do according to each port role?

Thank you very much for your help.

PS I recommend a renaming of the ports in this part of the GUI, so that the process is clearer.

L.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 0

Related Articles