Password requirements/failures

2024-05-23 16:22:09
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been setting up accounts on various TP-Link devices and sites and the passwords I use are generally mixed case and special characters 24 characters long. Seems that the devices accept these passwords but then you can't use them to log in. Tried this with the ER605 and the OC200, set the password on the web interface then was unable to log in and had to reset the devices and use a less secure password. This shouldn't be an issue in 2024 with devices that we are entrusting our digital safety to.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Password requirements/failures
2024-05-24 02:45:34 - last edited 2024-05-24 02:45:50

L2K wrote

I've been setting up accounts on various TP-Link devices and sites and the passwords I use are generally mixed case and special characters 24 characters long. Seems that the devices accept these passwords but then you can't use them to log in. Tried this with the ER605 and the OC200, set the password on the web interface then was unable to log in and had to reset the devices and use a less secure password. This shouldn't be an issue in 2024 with devices that we are entrusting our digital safety to.

Hi @L2K 

Currently we are using the standard ASCII. May I confirm what special characters would like to use?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-24 18:48:38

@Hank21 

Just standard ASCII. I think it might be failing on length rather than complexity or odd special characters. THe passwords are just what is generated in Bitwarden, which is standard ASCII. I think maybe there is a limit on length somewhere but this doesn't seem to be applied to the creating of the password, just the storing of it?

Options
2024-05-27 06:33:19

L2K wrote

@Hank21 

Just standard ASCII. I think it might be failing on length rather than complexity or odd special characters. THe passwords are just what is generated in Bitwarden, which is standard ASCII. I think maybe there is a limit on length somewhere but this doesn't seem to be applied to the creating of the password, just the storing of it?

Hi @L2K 

The value range for device password is up to 64 characters, and the account password is from 8 to 128 characters. Could you just try to give an example and indicate which password you were trying to configure but fail? Thanks for patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 3

Related Articles