POE not working with Ring Elite camera
POE not working with Ring Elite camera
2024-06-03 17:43:41 - last edited 2024-06-06 02:01:12
Tags: #PoE
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello-

I am using a TP POE switch to power a Ring Elite camera outside.  I can patch my camera directly into my switch in my cabinet - and it works.  So, POE and the camera are compatible.  However, when i attach it to the outside cable (patched into the same port as I tested inside my house) it does not work.  I've verified that the cable outside to the patch panel near the switch is connected and passing ethernet.  Wiring is:   POE Switch->patch panel -> single run to the outside location.

So, each individual piece works, but the whole string does not work.  Any ideas?  Is there a max length of run issue?  or something else I am not considering.  ( my run is probably 100 feet max)

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:POE not working with Ring Elite camera-Solution
2024-06-03 18:09:03 - last edited 2024-06-06 02:01:15

@Bsat 

if the camera works when you connect it directly to the switch, there is probably not much that can be wrong. check the cable, if necessary replace it.

it could also be a fault in the patch panel so you need to test the cable and patch panel with a cable tester..

you can have 100 meters of cable so there should be no problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-04 01:12:16 - last edited 2024-06-06 02:01:12

Hi @Bsat 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As MR.S wrote. Check the cable.

You can also take a look at this guide to troubleshoot your cable.

Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-06-03 18:09:03 - last edited 2024-06-06 02:01:15

@Bsat 

if the camera works when you connect it directly to the switch, there is probably not much that can be wrong. check the cable, if necessary replace it.

it could also be a fault in the patch panel so you need to test the cable and patch panel with a cable tester..

you can have 100 meters of cable so there should be no problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-04 01:12:16 - last edited 2024-06-06 02:01:12

Hi @Bsat 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As MR.S wrote. Check the cable.

You can also take a look at this guide to troubleshoot your cable.

Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles