Speed test

Speed test
Speed test
Thursday - last edited Thursday
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

since years I'm so upset that the speed test is not implemented in all of Deco devices !!

Come on guys !! It's just a few lines of code !!

Now I've a problem with a Deco X-60, who is supposed to have this speed test, but it doesn't show it !!

How can I fix that please ?

Marc

Options
9 Reply
Re:Speed test
Friday

@Marcintosh 

Hi

Are you referring to the test speed in the Deco lab being removed? Deco Lab is a collection of experimental features and they will be continuously optimized for a better experience. "Test Speed" under Deco lab is meant to test the wireless speed on your smartphone from a currently connected network. It could be any wireless network, not only Deco Mesh. However, some users assume it tests the internet bandwidth from ISP. To avoid further confusion, this feature has been temporarily removed from the latest APP version. So if you want to know the current wireless speed on a device, please check the speed directly via Ookla Speedtest APP or https://www.speedtest.net.

If I've misunderstood what you need, please let me know. Thank you very much for your patience.

Warm regards.

Options
Friday

@Joseph-TP 

Joseph,

I'm managing more than 120 wifi networks with TP-Link Deco.

The problem is that with the huge range of models, I have to pick the one who have the speed test like : M5, M9Plus, X60, etc

To manage remotely my customer networks, I NEED the Speed test !

And I don't understand why TP-Link doesn't provide this piece of code in every device  ????

I really want a serious answer to this question !!!

Last but not least, I've install a X-60 who is supposed to have the speed test, but it doesn't show at his default place.

Lamouchi : No Speed test

Wifi-Mansour : Speed test ok ---- Same device !!!!!

Options
Friday

@Marcintosh 

Hi

Based on the screenshot comparison you provided, you are referring to real-time speed.

We appreciate your input and work with system engineers. There is currently an assumption that the real-time speed is not displayed because there are too many networks associated with your account (about 120). In order to better analyze this issue, please supply the hardware and firmware versions of the Deco X60 in question.

Regarding the feedback that many of the models you described do not enable real-time speed, could you provide any model examples?
Since this is an APP issue, please use the link below to email us the APP Log.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3791/

If you are willing to follow up, we will then transfer your case to a system engineer for processing.

Warm regards.

Options
Friday

@Joseph-TP 

These 2 X60 are up to date . How their firmware can be so different ???

Wifi Mansour

Lamouchi

Options
Friday
Options
Friday
Options
Friday
Options
3 hours ago

@Marcintosh 

Hi

Although the models are the same, the firmware versions corresponding to different hardware versions may also be different. The hardware version is on the label of the device itself and it is typically printed there, indicated as "Ver 1.0" or a similar format.

Would you like our senior engineer to follow up on this case? If yes, please provide the version of Deco APP.

And I'd like to suggest you re-edit your post and hide the info about product Serial Number and MAC Address.

For security concern, I would suggest not posting this info (Serial Number or MAC Address) in your thread in the future, it's not something we need here anyway.

Options
5 minutes ago

@Marcintosh 

Deco App 3.7.65

I would love to chat with your senior Engineer !!

Here are the 2 critical questions :

1 - Is it really possible 2 buy 2 Deco-X60 on with speed test, and the second without speed test ? (see the screen shot sent earlier)

2 - WHY ????? spped test are not available on all your devices ?????

I asked this question many times and I didn't really get a real answer...

Isn't it just a piece of code ?

Has I told you I'm managing more than 120 networks, and it's really very very important ton know remotely the speed my customer have.

Thx fo your answer

Marc Mansour

+33621043834 (Feel free to call me !)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 7

Related Articles