Can choose which AP your device connects to manually

2024-07-16 16:30:02 - last edited 2024-07-17 07:38:51
Model: EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm looking for some guidance on how to make certain smart plugs, switches, and WIFI cameras connect to an AP versus and other. I have a second house that I was just able to get internet to. With no networking knowledge I took to YouTube to learn all I could. I set up the OC200, a router, and managed switch. The house is a log cabin with 8 to 10 inch wooden walls I have an EAP610 Outdoor AP in the living room that covers the whole house. I ran a cat6 line to a metal barn about 100 feet away. Inside the barn, I installed a EAP610 Outdoor AP.  

The coverage around the barn and house are very acceptable for phone and laptop use. I recently installed an EAP650 Outdoor on the outside of the house so a WiFi camera could a get better better signal. The power goes off a lot up there since it's in the woods. When everything boots back up, the smart switches, TV, and other wifi devices connect to the outdoor AP with low signal. 

I have to power down the outdoor AP so the devices connect to the indoor AP. Then repower the outdoor AP. I tried looking in the Omada App but I couldn't find anything. I did turn down the radio signal but that made everything act funny. 

Sorry for the long first post but any help with this would be fantastic. Remember, I'm new at this so use small words. Hahaha. Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can choose which AP your device connects to manually -Solution
2024-07-17 07:31:43 - last edited 2024-07-17 07:38:51

@LandoVonLando 

Please update your EAP product to the most latest firmware and then configure the Lock to AP feature.

How to configure Lock to AP on Omada Controller

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can choose which AP your device connects to manually -Solution
2024-07-17 07:31:43 - last edited 2024-07-17 07:38:51

@LandoVonLando 

Please update your EAP product to the most latest firmware and then configure the Lock to AP feature.

How to configure Lock to AP on Omada Controller

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can choose which AP your device connects to manually
2024-07-17 12:21:32

@Hank21 

Thanks! Can you reply with a better link. That one isn't working. 

Thanks again!

Options
Re:Can choose which AP your device connects to manually
2024-07-17 12:45:35

@Hank21 

Something was wrong on my end. I found the page and was able to setup the AP lock. 

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 3

Related Articles