Votes

List of things that would improve omada authentication portal.

Votes

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #portal

1. custom IP address/URL for the authentication portal. WiFi kiosks at malls, resorts, airports and hotels usually use short IP address for their authentication portal like [20.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1] their portal shows the user all sorts of useful information like checking for internet connection before they can pay, duration of their usage, time remaining or traffic used and add time. currently, you need to type the Omada Hardware Controller’s IP address and port number in the URL bar if somehow the automatic portal redirection didn’t show up which happens quite often. Example. (192.168.16.62:8088/portal/entry?….) this is a lot of characters to type. this could be tedious to type out when they have to do it often.

2. time remaining counter on the authentication portal. If users see they’re running out of time they’ll get to decide to end or save what they’re doing to avoid unexpected disconnection/interruption or purchase additional time.

3. ability to add time using new voucher. right now with omada portal, you need to wait for your time to run out and disconnecting you to internet before you can even access the portal and put in your new voucher. you can’t really open the portal after you authenticated your device. The WiFi kiosks I mention earlier, can open the authentication portal even if your time hasn’t ran out. Their portal tells the user a lot of useful information like time remaining and internet connectivity status.

this is just what I only needed in my case, I’m sure some users need different requirements.

Options
1 Reply
Re:List of things that would improve omada authentication portal.
3 weeks ago

@Morris211 

Thank you for your feedback and post. We have forwarded your request to our developer team for evaluation.

Please note that all requests undergo a thorough evaluation by our developer team before being added to the roadmap. This process may take some time, so please be patient if you don't see immediate results. Features with lower priority or fewer user reports might experience delays in implementation as we gather more feedback and compare it with competitor products.

It is important to understand that submitting a request does not guarantee its implementation; only requests that pass the evaluation will be considered for inclusion in future updates.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 199

Replies: 1

Voters 4

Tags

portal