WPA3-personal and AX only implementation

Votes

2024-08-28 16:47:39
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240314 Rel. 53356(4341)

Hello,

As a home user, networking gear enthusiast, someone who like to have the lastest generation of wifi tech and recommends them to sme or installs them in large household environments. I am disappointed by the fact that on the product page there is mention of WPA3 Personal/enterprise. But there is no option in the web ui or omada controller to select WPA3-Personal only mode. I would expect as a product that came out recently to also have 802.11ax only mode. I know there are compatibility reasons, thats why tp-link never implemented them, but at least have an option thats enables it with like additional option under advanced setting to enable at these features mention above forgoing compatibility. 

Features I would like to see implimented:

1. WPA3 personal mode only option

2. 802.11ax mode only option

3. Ability to run 160mhz and higher DFS channels (channels 64-161) at the same time

4. Ability to choose different wifi wireless modes for different SSIDs (ex, xxxxxxxx-5GHZAX with AX&WPA3-personal only and xxxxx-5GHZ with AC&WPA2-Personal only mode)

I know this is a lot to ask and adds to the Web UI, but i hope atleast some of these get implimented in either Web UI or Omada Controller. Makes my management of networks easier and for some others as well.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA3-personal and AX only implementation
2024-08-29 07:12:20

@Airtesam 

Thank you for your feedback and post. We have forwarded your request to our developer team for evaluation.

Please note that all requests undergo a thorough evaluation by our developer team before being added to the roadmap. This process may take some time, so please be patient if you don't see immediate results. Features with lower priority or fewer user reports might experience delays in implementation as we gather more feedback and compare it with competitor products.

It is important to understand that submitting a request does not guarantee its implementation; only requests that pass the evaluation will be considered for inclusion in future updates.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 144

Replies: 1

Voters 2