Votes

[Improvement] Set SNMP sysName on Omada devices

Votes

a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hello :)

A small feature request that would be interesting and probably very easy to implements on Omada devices.

Right now, appart on the switches, the SNMP device name set on the controller doesn't reflect on the devices SNMP implementation (as sysName or just system hostname).

For example on the ER707-M2, the sysName is stuck at er707-m2 and doens't use the name set from the controller (something similar happens with the EAP), switches however already implements this properly.

This prevent some monitoring tool that require unique sysName to be set to monitor the device (for example LibreNMS that is very popular)

I guess the change should be pretty simple to implement in the firmware (likely when writting the snmp configuration file, just set the defined hostname as sysName, or just set the hostname globally on the device)

Would it be possible to push it as feature request ?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Improvement] Set SNMP sysName on Omada devices
a week ago

I agree on this, i'm trying to migrate alot of things over to TP Link as the value is pretty good, but i need to be able to put these devices into the rest of the monitoring system.

This limitation currently restricts the ability to add more than one device of the same Model as i can't change the actual Hostname (sysName) of the device, only the display name as it shows in Omada.

I don't manage the switches in Omada, only WAPs.

Cheers

Mitch

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 65

Replies: 1

Voters 2