Can I do this with just the LB router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-23 22:31:04 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:46:27
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

There are two load balancing WAN routers available from TP-Link and I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following with either of them alone or if I'd need additional hardware and if so what.

I want to set up multiple ISPs primarily for fail over but load balancing will be a nice plus. Some systems I connect to monitor IP addresses for security. Can these be configured to use the same WAN for a particular PC/subnet and then switch if one of the connections fails or something similar?

I'd like to set up 3 subnets for security/isolation. One for a home office, one for personal computing and another for wifi. All three should be able to access the internet. I'd like the home office network to be isolated from the other subnets so that computers on the other subnets cannot connect to the home office subnet. Other than a WIFI AP can I accomplish this with the LB routers or will I need additional hardware. If so what?

If you can provide additional details that would be nice.

Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 0