Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
C7v2 140911 firmware has some MAJOR bugs in the UI
2014-10-18 10:36:36

ViperJohn wrote

It's not you. The C7v2 140911 firmware has some MAJOR bugs in the UI. If you change the Web Management Port to anything higher than
49999 you can't login at all and have to do a hard reset to get back in!!!

The only thing you can do is to flash back to an older firmware. The C7v2_131217 firmware is no good cause IPV6 is completely broken in it

I am using the C7_v2_140617 firmware available at TP-Links Singapore site. It is an English firmware.. Everything works with it including
IPV6 but there is a small bug with that. You must set LAN IPv6 Address Assign Type to DHCPv6 Server and not SLAAC as the SLAAC
setting is broken (or the two settings are reversed in the UI but not sure about that). The download URL is below.
http://www.tp-link.sg/resources/software/Archer_C7_V2_140617(ExStream).zip

Viper

After upgrade I was able to access the UI once and then after reboot no response and even the storage sahre is not responding 10, 20 , 30 seconds on the WPS/reset button and nothing changes. What can I do???
Options
Re:Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update
2014-10-18 12:09:47
I encountered the same problem with being locked out after upgrading the new firmware and changing the IP address and subnet and gateway, however, I simply power cycled the modem and it let me back in.

Hoping it doesn't turn into the fiasco everyone else is having.
Options
2014-10-21 08:48:51
TP-Link support ticket opened two days ago....... here is the response "Actually we haven't got the feedback that the router has the bugs: cannot login to management page and USB storage sharing doesn't work."

and then they list all the basic indexed steps to trouble shooting.

If I can't access the UI I can't do anything and if I can't hard reset the router I am stuck. Grrrrrrrr!!!!.
Options
2014-10-21 09:52:36
Stello, lights on the router are normal? Any IP address obtained? Can you ping it? If hard reset won't make a difference, probably it is faulty. You can claim for warranty.
Options
2014-10-22 08:45:44

Ada wrote

Stello, lights on the router are normal? Any IP address obtained? Can you ping it? If hard reset won't make a difference, probably it is faulty. You can claim for warranty.

Lights normal and router still maintaining the IPs I configured (not reverting to 192.168.0.1), still giving out IP via DHCP I configured and still routing track. Just will not allow UI access nor USB Storage access, so yes I think a warranty replacement is due but day number four and all I get is one email a day from support with indexed responses and nothing else.
Options
2014-10-22 09:04:20
Forgot one thing, did you restore it to facotry defaults and try to login its web interface again? I think you should tell TP-LINK people what you have done in details. Otherwise, they may ask you to do a lot of things which you have done...
Options
Same experience
2014-10-25 08:10:20
Just doing research after buying and installing this router. I upgraded to latest firmware, then updated LAN IP, as well as DNS and hostname. Moved to WiFi, then got the admin error of too many admins.

I just gave it a power cycle, and i was able to log in. Weird tho.
Options
2014-10-25 15:58:38

ViperJohn wrote

It's not you. The C7v2 140911 firmware has some MAJOR bugs in the UI. If you change the Web Management Port to anything higher than
49999 you can't login at all and have to do a hard reset to get back in!!!

The only thing you can do is to flash back to an older firmware. The C7v2_131217 firmware is no good cause IPV6 is completely broken in it

I am using the C7_v2_140617 firmware available at TP-Links Singapore site. It is an English firmware.. Everything works with it including
IPV6 but there is a small bug with that. You must set LAN IPv6 Address Assign Type to DHCPv6 Server and not SLAAC as the SLAAC
setting is broken (or the two settings are reversed in the UI but not sure about that). The download URL is below.
http://www.tp-link.sg/resources/software/Archer_C7_V2_140617(ExStream).zip

Viper

Works great for me! Thanks!
Options
2014-10-31 15:47:33
This problem only exists on latest firmware, I have contacted the TP-LINK support team. They tell me they are working on this bug. It seems that C7 v2 will fix this bug first and this firmware can be download in few days.
Options
2014-11-01 15:20:21

capture master wrote

This problem only exists on latest firmware, I have contacted the TP-LINK support team. They tell me they are working on this bug. It seems that C7 v2 will fix this bug first and this firmware can be download in few days.

I have a more or less bricked Archer C7 after latest firmware upgrade, too. Can't manage it via web, can't connect to it with Easy Setup, can't hard reset even with 30/30/30. Just plain unresponsive. It is passing data with what appears to be the last parameters I set. So it's a brick that's functional in the roundest terms.

Did TP-Link support give any indication how we might actually get to the point we can apply the next firmware update when there's no way into the bloody thing?
Options