TP Link Configuration Utility TIMOUT NO RESPONSE FROM AGENT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-08 13:25:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So I've downloaded the latest utility and attempted to run from both WinXP and Win8. Both cases I am regularly encountering "Timeout, no response from agent!" error dialogs. I have to try multiple times before getting through to the switch (TL-SG108E - 4 of them all producing same issue).
Options
5 Reply
TP link config times out!
2015-08-11 07:52:31
Hi there, bump, so get the same error! I'm having problems with the TL-SG108E easy smart switch, where the latest version of the TP Link Configuration Utility keeps timing out, so much so, that If I'm not fast enough I cant login with the defaults admin admin.

The switch works fine as a dumb hub when automatically assigned an IP; allowing me to connect from my PC to the switch to my router but I want to use it as a managed switch! I'm using the recommended IP address 192.168.0.100 and Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

When I'm logged into the config utility, I quickly get timed out even during a firmware upgrade.

Anyone got this working yet( waves at TP-LINK staff) Is there a way to fix this?

Could I manually do a firmware upgrade by placing the .bin file in the right location?

Thanks
Options
Re:TP Link Configuration Utility TIMOUT NO RESPONSE FROM AGENT
2015-08-11 20:09:28
Does it happen after you upgrade the firmware?
Did you disable anti-virus and firewall to try?
Options
Solved - If this goes to the right thread
2015-08-14 19:54:41
Wow - the hassle to register to post has been equal to the hassle to get the 8-port switch to work. Suggests the tone of the company through product and forum are equal. (I'd not bargined on the hassel to just post this either - How the F* do I know the 2nd biggest solar system planet - this is it for future TP purchases - sheesh and insult to injury i'm not now YPPAH!!

Anyway

I bought a TL-SG108E and ran into the timeout from agent that I think this post should end in the thread discussing. I had a myriad other unhelpful messages. I saw that since it assigned itself ip 192.168.0.1 and I'd put it into my own network where the actual dhcp device has that ip that the issues arises from duplicate IP. I also run a subnet of ff.ff not ff.ff.ff so that also didnt help.

SO - what i did that worked was I connected it to a single device (my laptop) with all other networking off. I loaded the management software onto the laptop too.
THEN when the management software discovered the device but with my laptop having what ever that random looking ip is that happens when Windows cant find any dhcp I used the gearwheel rather than the login icon to set the ip and subnet - I used 192.168.0.66 - i wanted 666 but.... I left stuff like default gateway alone till after I'd got it to see itself as 1) not dhcp and 2) on a different address and 3) a subnet that matches my set-up

Login is still not reliable but is no longer impossible

I hope it works for you folk
Options
Same here
2015-11-21 18:37:17
Just bought the TL-SG108E, installed the Easy Smart Configuration Utility, set it to IP of my own netwerk (THAT does work), tried to login with the default login: Timeout, no response from agent !

Hello?! What's going on?

As I read above, firewall or anti virus could be a problem. So I added a 'program' rule to the Windows firewall to allow this program (traffic in and out). Nope, same error.

So to be sure, than I just disabled Windows firewall. And behold - it works.

Tip1: I tried searching for 'the latest' version of the util, but could not find it.
Searching for "Easy Smart Configuration Utility" in download center: 0 results.
Download options for the product :TL-SG108E just the manual.
IF this util is somewhere on your site, make it somewhat easier to find!

Tip2: in the forum registration form, don't mention 'option' at the field 'location' when it's NOT optional ....
Options
Re:TP Link Configuration Utility TIMOUT NO RESPONSE FROM AGENT
2015-12-06 07:34:45
@fixer you have to go to tp-link.us and not tp-link.com to be able to download the utility.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2182

Replies: 5

Related Articles