Archer T4U with Windows 10 (64 bit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T4U with Windows 10 (64 bit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:Archer T4U with Windows 10 (64 bit)
2015-11-17 02:08:21

Kid_A wrote

The unstable connection problem has returned to me. Maybe it's because of some windows automatic updates. OMG, tp-link, it's about 3 months since win10 release and still no proper driver! Shame on you!

What's your setup - USB 2 or 3, 2.4 or 5ghz? I've only had the one crash (i.e. mouse freeze-up that requires reboot, though I can still use keyboard to save work and close apps). But I have also gotten a handful of network errors - those just require re-connect, no effect on mouse...
Options
2015-11-17 15:09:19

Kid_A wrote

The unstable connection problem has returned to me. Maybe it's because of some windows automatic updates. OMG, tp-link, it's about 3 months since win10 release and still no proper driver! Shame on you!

You are very right, and this wifi adapter is one of their best sellers I believe. Not sure what is taking so long, I know that windows 10 released a set of updates recently (in order to fix driver issues). Maybe they were waiting for this.
Options
2015-11-20 15:39:12
Import piece of information for Windows 10 users outside of the US who have problems with the TP-Link Archer T4U Wifi adapter.
First change the display language of non-unicode programs in Windows. See this website for an instruction: http://www.tuicool.com/articles/YRJnUj.
Only then install the latest driver from the TP Link website. Don't let Windows search for the driver, select the location of the downloaded driver manually.
Options
2015-11-22 02:47:59
USB 3.0 and 2.4ghz I think, since it's the only one that my router supports. I don't experience any crashes or actual disconnects, the internet (and local network too) just stops working all of a sudden from time to time. All of my other wireless devices are working properly all the time. Will try to stick it in USB 2 and see if there'll be any difference. Using win10 built-in drivers, by the way.
Options
2015-11-23 00:59:24
Unfortunately, switching my adapter to USB 2 slot didn't make any difference to me. Forgot to mention that whenever I try to open any page during the network malfunctioning I get this error in Chrome: "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET", and sometimes it's " ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"
Options
2015-11-29 03:42:42
Amazon featured the T4U for $25 today - hope they're prepared for the flood of returns from Win10 users!
Options
2016-01-01 19:59:40
Happy new year to everyone!

I want to push this topic because i am experiencing exactly the same issues described in this thread some some months now.

I had upgraded my windows 8.1 installation to windows 10 the moment it had been released mid of 2015.

Internet worked fined for few minutes but stopped working particially afterwards each time. Open connections like irc still worked fine but dns just was not resolving anything anymore. I solved this issue each time by manually restarting the dns client service but its really annoying to restart this each five minutes or so..

I had tried many settings and set ups like usb2 and usb3, or 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz and so on but i dont found a solution for this.

So I've lived with those dns problems for about a month ( and have used my old wlan adapter most of the time instead .. )

The problems were gone from sometime in september onwards without knowing why but i am experiencing those issues again since yesterdays new years eve. I dont know why those problems dont have occured for several months but the dns resolver isnt working again for me and i have to restart the dns client service each few couple of minutes again...

I would really appreciate some official driver for windows 10, half a year after those operating system has been released. :|

Thanks and regards and happy new year again.
Options
2016-01-02 04:34:32
Hi again,

sorry for writing a second post post in a row but my first one is still in the queue so i am not able to add this content to that one anyway.. :)

I tried about half a dozens "windows driver upgrade tools" this afternoon. One of those tools told me to install a different driver for those archer t4u wifi stick.

I dont have experienced the problems since that moment the last six hours anymore.

Maybe someone else wants to give this driver a try as well.

The name of the file is UT_USB_N10_NANO_1007.zip and the driver has the version number 1027.4.505.2015.

You can download the driver on the following page:

http://www.driverscloud.com/de/dienste/GetInformationDriver/57049-304810/asus-ut-usb-n10-nano-1007zip

The direct download link would be the following one:

http://www.driverscloud.com/de/dienste/DownloadDriver/57049-2/key

I know its a bit early to say if this really solves the issue but maybe it helps someone else to get rid of those dns issues.

Cheers
Options
2016-01-02 20:21:37
Sounds promising but my problems are completely different. I'm still doing OK on USB2, just suffering about 10MB/s speed loss. FWIW the chart linked in this thread's sticky post lists a T4U driver as "coming soon"...
Options
2016-01-03 03:27:13
Just thought I would chime in that I am seeing the same thing.

I have a Archer T4U V1.0. At least, that version number is what it says on the sticker on the outside of the box.

I downloaded the updated driver list here for the T4UH: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article-15587.html - This updater did not recognize that a correct adapter was installed.

What is odd is that my Archer T4U is listed as "Yes" for Windows 10 plug and play compatibility - which it is clearly is not.

I know the system sees it, since it shows up in the device manager, but device manager gives it a bang and nothing else sees it.

I have tried manually installing windows 8 driver and tried manually installing the driver that was included in the download update. No luck in either case. I got it on Amazon and I can return it, but if a solution is available, I would love to just get the thing working.

Thanks,
Robert
Options
Related Articles