Omada not showing network after wireless failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-07 17:40:49

Had a call from a client yesterday. Seems the wireless network was down. No apparent reason that I could tell remotely. Accessed Omada cloud and it showed the EAPs as disconnected but obviously the Omada controller was online.

Had client unplug various components to reset them. After doing so, the wireless network came back up (could have been a power failure--will have to check the UPS when I get onsite). All was well at the site, but both my smartphone app and accessing Omada cloud showed the network still down. Showed all EAPs disconnected. Refreshing did nothing.

About 2 hours later, all of a sudden the app worked as did the cloud interface. Showed all normal. Why would this be? Surely it can't take that long for the system to show a status change.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada not showing network after wireless failure
2020-02-10 01:27:05

@Byteguy 

Accessed Omada cloud and it showed the EAPs as disconnected but obviously the Omada controller was online.

When the EAP disconnects from the Controller, there are some features that may not work normally. 

About 2 hours later, all of a sudden the app worked as did the cloud interface. Showed all normal. Why would this be? Surely it can't take that long for the system to show a status change.

I guess the Controller doesn't connect to the Internet normally at that time. 

If the problem occurs frequently, please tell us.

Options
2020-02-10 19:52:34

@forrest That much is obvious. It definitely was not working normally. But taking ove an hour to straighten itself out? Doesn't seem it should take that long! How am I to administer the network remotely if the client can see it working but I can't?

Options
2020-02-10 20:39:11
"Should have also mentioned--the controller was connected to the internet all through this. I could see it from my office and could monitor the status of the EAPs.
Options