Omada EAP245 LED green-orange-green

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 09:14:32 - last edited 2020-03-03 09:16:16
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: EAP245(EU)_V3_191029 (latest)
Hi there,

I just bought two TP-link Omada EAP245 for my home. First configuration was OK, But then I turned off the 5GHz wifi. The 2.4GHz was still on!

After turning on the Omada APP​ (adnroid)​ couldn't find the Access point anymore. So I went upstairs to check. 

The wifi doesn appear on my phone/tablet. The LED was not solid Green. I went from Green-Orange-Green.

I tried multiple times to reset(by pressing appr. 15 sec on reset button) but the AP wont work properly. Even after reset, The LED pattern continuous. (green-orange-green)
When I go to my modem, The AP does not have any IP. So I can not control it remotely. 
I also tried to find the AP with Omada discovery utility. (for windows)
How can I solve this problem?
​Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rambow
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada EAP245 LED green-orange-green
2020-03-04 01:59:02

@Rambow 

When we reset the EAP, the LED will flash quickly, it will be green - orange - green, then it will be solid green. 

When we upgrade firmware for the EAP, the LED will flash slowly, green and orange will blink alternately. After the firmware upgrading is over, the led will be solid green.

Here you say the LED will be green and orange, how long will this phenomenon last?  If possible, you can send us a video about this. 

Options
2020-03-04 07:44:14

@forrest 

Hi forrest,

Thanks for your reply. The LED wont stop turning orange. When I saw the manual, I saw that green orange means updating. So I let the omada sit for a whole night (9 hours).

But the same LED's are lit. So I think the firmware is in a bootloop?

I contacted the seller, they offered me a new one when I send this back. So I will send this back.

Thanks again!

regards,

Rambow

Options
2020-03-04 11:05:29

@Rambow 

OK, if you have other questions later, post on the forum, we or other customers will try to help you.smiley

Options
2020-03-05 15:07:10

@forrest 

Thank you.,

They send my a new one. It work like a charm!

Rambow

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3687

Replies: 4

Related Articles