Router settings lost after power off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 18:26:07
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V11
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160325 Rel.62500n

I am using the router TL-WR841N in range extended mode and made all settings as mentioned in the guide. The router works as range extender without any issues. But when the power is off and comes back, the settings are lost and it is not able to connect to the router with the configured IP address. I will have to rsest the router to factory settings and then again have to reconfigure it as rasnge extender. How to solve this problem?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router settings lost after power off
2020-07-20 02:47:41

@Satheesh_85 

Theoretically, what you reported won't happen but we will check some details if it is true:

1. When there is a power outage then back on, are you still able to access the web UI of the WR841N, and what is the IP address of it? Did you change its IP to be in the same IP subnet as the main router?

2. What is the model number of your main router? Will it be correctly on and connect to the internet correctly after the power outage?

3. Please reset the WR8410N and ensure its firmware is the latest, then try to configure the WDS settings again:

How to configure WDS function on TP-Link Wireless Routers

May it helps.

Options
2020-07-20 08:46:08

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the feedback. Please find my reply below.

1) I am not able to access the router at all after power on. My main routers IP is 192.168.0.1 and I changed the IP address second router to 192.168.0.10. The secondary router is not accessible at all with the changed IP and I will have to do a factory reset and start configuring again from beginning.

Main router ip - 192.168.0.1

Secondary router ip - 192.168.0.10

2) The primary router (Tenda) is fine after power ON and it is connected to the internet. Only the secondary router is loosing its configuration and IP after power ON

3) Firmware update is also done but still the problem exists. Every time after power ON, I will have to reconfigure the IP and WDS settings. I have followed the same steps mentioned in the link 

Options
2021-10-10 08:00:50

@Satheesh_85 Hi Satheesh. I have been facing the same problem since I got Archer C6 a week back. Did you find any solution for the same?
It's frustrating to reset the router again and configure it again. 

Options
2021-10-14 06:10:34

@RohanT 

What is the model number of the main wireless router? 

When the main router and the C6 are both powered off then on, are you still able to access the main router web interface page but cannot access the C6's? What is the IP address of the main router, and what is the IP of the C6?

Please follow the guide below to reconfigure the C6 to link it to the main router, ensure every step is correct:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Options