Only WAN Port Indicator on with Red light, rest all indicators are off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 03:08:45 - last edited 2020-08-18 11:09:06
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My router was not in use for several months. 

Today i connected the power cable and turned it on. I did not connected any Internet cable to it, just the power cable. 

The indicators on the router are all off except the WAN indicator which is showing red light. 

Is it normal? 

I thought it should atleast show the PWR indicator turned on. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Only WAN Port Indicator on with Red light, rest all indicators are off-Solution
2020-08-18 11:09:02 - last edited 2020-08-18 11:09:06

@VikramJ 

Hello,

Yes, the PWR LED should be on even there is no cable plugged in. Do you still use the original power adapter? If possible, try with another power adapter.

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s, then confirm again.

When and where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Only WAN Port Indicator on with Red light, rest all indicators are off-Solution
2020-08-18 11:09:02 - last edited 2020-08-18 11:09:06

@VikramJ 

Hello,

Yes, the PWR LED should be on even there is no cable plugged in. Do you still use the original power adapter? If possible, try with another power adapter.

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s, then confirm again.

When and where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1323

Replies: 1

Related Articles