Client Activiy Speed way off (too low)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 07:44:52 - last edited 2022-01-29 13:56:33
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.29

Hi,

total newbie to the Omada world here.

I recently bought an ER605 and the OC200 for having redundant WAN in my homeoffice, no EAPs or managed switches are connected, wired clients are connected using an unmanaged switch connected to the ER605, WLAN is being provided by an Orbi system, directly attached to the ER605 as well:

My issue is that all clients are reporting way too low activity speeds:

I.e. streaming using Android TV uses about 1.5 GB data per hour (visible in WAN statistics), but the client is reporting below 20 MB:

Is this expected behaviour due to the fact I'm not using any Omada switches or EAPs? Am I doing something wrong? I had this behaviour with the OC200 before and after the latest firmware update, as well as with the windows version of the controller, both the 4x and the 5.x version.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Cheers,

Felix

Options
3 Reply
Re:Client Activiy Speed way off (too low)
2022-01-12 09:36:02 - last edited 2022-01-29 13:56:33

Dear @Felix81 ,

You can try to disable the Hardware Offload function to test.

And here is a similar post you can refer:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/502180

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-12 17:11:00

Hi @Hank21 ,

thank you very much for your explanation, makes sense and changing this solved my problem. Searched for ages, but didn't find that thread...

Have a nice day,

Felix

Options
2022-01-29 14:03:29

@Hank21 

Wanted to give you a brief follow up on this because it didn't work out in the end. The statistics are measured for about half of the wired sessions, the sessions that were recorded seemed legit regarding the numbers. The sessions that weren't recorded were all zeros.

I extended the router by the TL-SG-2008P and connected everything to that one, now all statistics are measured correctly as expected.

The router maybe just isn't designed to gather statistics, which is understandable regarding network design principles.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 3

Related Articles