New TP-Link LAN + PFSense WAN = .local addresses not resolving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 10:20:34
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.9

Hi!

I'm new to the world of TP-Link and Omada. I have a PFSense router/firewall and have replaced my old switch and APs with TP-Link SG3428MP and EAP653s respectively.

Since installing the switch, I've noticed that devices on the LAN can no longer resolve .local addresses, even for devices attached to the same VLAN. On Reddit someone suggested ensuring that IGMPv3 is enabled, which I've now done. But this doesn't seem to make any difference. I still can't resolve them.

I'm aware of the other thread where the lack of mDNS support is being discussed (for over 2 years!), but someone mentioned that this is only for mDNS reflection between local VLANs. Is mDNS within the same VLAN also not yet supported?

Options
1 Reply
Re:New TP-Link LAN + PFSense WAN = .local addresses not resolving
2022-10-12 09:39:08

@Bawjaws 

If you have two PCs connected to the gateway and the PCs are accessing each other, test if mDNS resolves properly?
If it resolves properly between them, connect one of the PCs to the back of the switch and try again to see if it works?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options