Smart Power like Product? Power Cycle Modem during WAN Outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-27 21:47:11

Hey Omada users!

Does TPLINK offer something like the Ubiquity Smart Power Outlet? (unifi-smart-power)

Something that I can plug my modem into and power cycle automatically when a WAN outage is detected; and managed within the same omada ecosystem?

I looked at the Kasa Outlets - but with some limited testing - it looks like those outlets cannot be controlled when there is a WAN outage(!)

I have a few extra Kasa Power Plugs (HS103, HS105) and was hoping there would be a nice omada integration. I can't find anything.

I do see some positive reviews for similar products (proxicast outlet) so may look into that if there's no "native" TPLINK solution.

Thanks for any ideas!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Power like Product? Power Cycle Modem during WAN Outage
2022-12-28 11:56:40

@chono 

As far as I know, the current smart switches sold by tplink are all in the home category.

Omada is the main section for businness products and I haven't heard of any compatible smart switches yet.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options