AI WLAN Optimization or manual Channel selection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 11:21:44
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608

Hi,

I'm running an OC200 in a shared Housing-Setting with two houses. We have 12 EAP225 V4, 5.10 and 8 EAP245 V4, 1.0.1

We have very different sized walls and ceilings and so there are some APs that are quiet close to each other.

Many people in the house have mentioned, that the Internet is very slow and they often change to mobile data. Checking there phones I see the signal is very strong. Checking the individual AP on the controller I see that the Channel Display shows high and is often over 42%. The channel setting is on auto, but very often the APs that are very near to each other are using the same channel.

So I started researching on how to optimize that. I then found the AI WLAN Optimization and it sounded like exactly what I needed. The scan always fails with the following error "No SSIDs are configured on the corresponding radio band." I haven'T found anyone with the same error. Anybody got an Idea?

And if that doesn't work would it make sense to give the APs a channel manualy always making sure that two APs that are close to each other are using different channels, always alternating between channel 1, 6 and 11?

Sorry for the beginners questions and thanks in advance for your help!

Sammy

Options
1 Reply
Re:AI WLAN Optimization or manual Channel selection?
2023-05-05 16:26:56
To address your first issue, manually assigning channels to the access points is a good solution. You can alternate between channels 1, 6, and 11 to ensure that access points that are close to each other are not using the same channel. This can help reduce interference and improve the overall performance of your wireless network. Regarding the AI WLAN Optimization feature, the error message you are receiving indicates that there are no SSIDs configured on the corresponding radio band. This could be due to the fact that the feature is looking for an SSID to optimize but there are none configured. You may want to check your SSID configuration and ensure that at least one SSID is configured on each radio band. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 1

Related Articles