Votes

Omada offline client list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-28 09:05:58 - last edited 2023-06-28 09:10:02
Tags: #Client list

Omada Controller has this Clients list where you can see all connected clients. You can click on a client and go to the Config tab where you can configure a few things like a name and some checkboxes.

But as soon as a client is disconnected you have no way to find these settings for it again. It's being stored in the database, but you cannot do anything unless you connect the client. It makes it really difficult to cleanup old clients. You should be able to find everything that is permanently stored and have an option to forget it.

If a client has stored configs, it should show on this list, even if it's not active.

The strange part is that you even include a big green "CONNECTED" status for each client. But there is no "DISCONNECTED" feature seen as the clients just disappear when not active. So why the status indicator?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada offline client list
2023-06-29 03:08:54

@dbergloev 

Uhmmm...I thought you can also find the disconnected clients in known clients and past connections on the Insights page, aren't you?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Omada offline client list
2023-06-29 04:07:37

@Virgo Well it seams that I can, at least the "Known clients" the other one is empty. So we need a second list in a complete different location?

Also about "Known clients". This one lists everything however it does not list anything about status. So now I have to go through everything that has ever been connected and navigate between "Known Clients" and "Clients" just to see which ones are the disconnected ones that I need to look into.

These two lists should be merged and then have a checkbox or something thrown in to show/hide disconnected ones.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 767

Replies: 2

Voters 1

Tags

Client list