Rate Limit Programming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Rate Limit Programming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Rate Limit Programming
Rate Limit Programming
2023-08-25 12:44:19

Good morning, at our university, administrative work during the day coincides with classes, which requires us to restrict the bandwidth on the APs to 3Mbps for daytime students. However, at night, usage is primarily limited to classes, and the bandwidth remains mostly unused. It would be beneficial to increase it to 6Mbps during this time. The issue is that we currently have to do this manually, changing it twice a day, which is quite labor-intensive and ultimately impractical. How can we automate this process with Omada?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Rate Limit Programming
2023-08-28 06:04:53

@Luan-Philipe 

I don't think there is any feature that can meet your needs on the controller, but you can consider using a DNS server for testing.

Similar to this post.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-08-28 12:38:39

@Virgem Thank you for your attention, but this suggestion doesn't apply or suit our needs. Is there any issue with creating two WiFi networks with the same name and password (only with different bandwidth) and activating each one at specific times? Is there any problem with this practice?

Options
2023-08-29 02:16:02

@Luan-Philipe 

Uhm...Good idea, maybe it can work.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-09-03 15:36:13
Actually this is a good idea and can actually work. You can have 2 SSID's with different limits and schedule 1 after the other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 4

Related Articles