ALL OMADA Routers - Cannot Adopt on anything other then a 192.x.x.x network out of the box!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ALL OMADA Routers - Cannot Adopt on anything other then a 192.x.x.x network out of the box!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-01 09:07:16

I had a ER605, now a ER707-M2.

Out of the box never will adopt have to login everytime, change the LAN IP and DHCP to my 172.16.x.x 255.255.0.0 network and THEN adopt it.

I am guessing there is no fixing this?  I am concerned if I get a bad update it'll just drop it an have no chance of fixing itself if I am not onsite etc.

Options
2 Reply
Re:ALL OMADA Routers - Cannot Adopt on anything other then a 192.x.x.x network out of the box!
2023-11-01 10:22:37

@MrHC1983 

a good thing to do is to set the ip on the router in stand alone before you adopt. then you avoid problems

Options
Re:ALL OMADA Routers - Cannot Adopt on anything other then a 192.x.x.x network out of the box!
2023-11-01 11:07:14

@MR.S Yes thats basically what I just said.  Again on failed firmware updates on other sites they can recover and reprovision but I worry on my IP range it wouldn't.

Options