Feature Request: Auto-provisionning PPSK

2023-12-11 15:16:08 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:54:28
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Current PPSK without Radius backend feature allow admins to bind a specific MAC addresses, PSKs and VLANs (*).

MAC address can also be left blank implying any device providing the valid PSK can join in.

What if we could add the capability to automatically fill a blank MAC address field in with the one used by the first device providing the correct PSK ?

I think some other vendors implement this.

That would keep sys admins from having to directly manage MAC addresses:

- a new guest request a mean for his/her game console to connect

- sysadmin edit a PPSK with a blank MAC address field and sends the new PPSK to the arriving guest

- the guest connects its game console

- no other device can use  this PPSK

(*) In my testing with a 5.12.9 controller, the feature didn't work as VLAN seemed to be ignored.

What do you think of this ?

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Feature Request: Auto-provisionning PPSK-Solution
2023-12-14 02:57:13 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:54:28

Hi @Oliv2831,

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Auto-provisionning PPSK
2023-12-13 06:45:39

Hi @Oliv2831,

Oliv2831 wrote

What if we could add the capability to automatically fill a blank MAC address field in with the one used by the first device providing the correct PSK ?

I think some other vendors implement this.

Thanks for your feedback!

May I know which vendor implement this feature? And could you share how they did with us?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-13 07:02:31

@Hank21 

Look for Ruckus Zero-IT DPSK

Options
Feature Request: Auto-provisionning PPSK-Solution
2023-12-14 02:57:13 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:54:28

Hi @Oliv2831,

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 210

Replies: 3

Related Articles