EAP 670 EoL? Why?

EAP 670 EoL? Why?
EAP 670 EoL? Why?
3 weeks ago
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hey everyone,

I just noticed that TP-Link set the 670 EoL. Can someone tell me why? I got thsi AP for not than a year an seeing it EoL ist really a ...! Not receiving Firmware updates and so on ... 

Does anybody has more insight?

Cheers!

Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP 670 EoL? Why?
3 weeks ago

@Gamienator 

where did you find this information?

Options
3 weeks ago
Options
3 weeks ago

@Gamienator 

Hmm, if that's true, I'll never ever again buy anything with the TP-Link name on it. now I have several useless EAP620HDv1 and now the EAP670v1 in a very short time EAP620HD was abandoned by TP-Link almost 2.5 years ago. shortly after I bought them.

but we'll hear what @Hank21 says about thiis before we conclude anything..

Options
3 weeks ago

MR.S wrote

@Gamienator 

Hmm, if that's true, I'll never ever again buy anything with the TP-Link name on it. now I have several useless EAP620HDv1 and now the EAP670v1 in a very short time EAP620HD was abandoned by TP-Link almost 2.5 years ago. shortly after I bought them.

but we'll hear what @Hank21 says about thiis before we conclude anything..

Hi @MR.S @Gamienator 

As far as I know, the EAP670 is still under maintenance when its firmware is still updating recently. If you search the EAP670 at official website in other region such as the global website, the EAP670 is not End of Life. But the DE website(Germany) is running by the local team, we cannot confirm the reason why they determine to pronounce the EAP670 was end of life. Just for your reference, sometimes when the team decides to take off the certain device from the market, they might pronounce the device end of life in the relevant region. Here is the end of life policy for your reference.

Really appreciate for your understanding.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 Thank you very much for your answer!

Is it possible to contact the German team why they set in EoL in this case? I mean its still listed everywhere to be buyable

Options
2 weeks ago

Gamienator wrote

@Hank21 Thank you very much for your answer!

Is it possible to contact the German team why they set in EoL in this case? I mean its still listed everywhere to be buyable

Hi@Gamienator 

Thanks for waiting. According to the local team in German, the reason the EAP670 was EOL in German is that they might device to sale the EAP673 instead of the EAP670. And please do not worry about the firmware maintenance or warranty about the EAP670. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 6

Related Articles