Controller Settings Layer Deployments Failure

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7 Build 20230410 Rel. 69645(5553)

I missed a wedding for starter.

I installed Omada SDN in a VPS which is very stable and pricey.

I used this feature below cause it seems legit.

I entered the correct IP and tweak everything and works very perfectly. I was able to manage the device and configure the Wireless stuff.

My clients connected to this network and everything went smooth for about 5 hours. I was going to the wedding when the renters told me they cannot connect to Wireless Hotspot. I had to fixed it cause some uses it for their Homebased Job.

Checking the Omada app and I saw the word "adopting".

I did not see any disconnect notice in my Starlink logs.

I had to reset the device again. Had to climb in the roof to reset.

What could have gone wrong? It is working perfectly. The VPS is up and running, check the ping monitor and I saw 4 or 6 timeout with only seconds gap and not too long.

Is there feature experimental?

All the traffic download history stuff is gone now. I don't know how much my clients used. I'm very very dissappointed.

The Omada controller in the vps is still running. What went wrong? I'm tired of this TP link Omada thing. 

Your Omada controller is not very performant. Every program that uses java/mongodb is slow. You need developer upgrade.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Controller Settings Layer Deployments Failure
2 weeks ago

@Exejee 

Adopting status indicates that the EAP is not responding to the adopt command from the controller. For this problem, you need to check the connectivity between the controller and the EAP. This is not the controller's problem, so don't blame it alone, and you should also check the EAP110 outdoors itself. You should check that the physical connection to the front end router is correct. Usually, even if it shows up as disconnected from the controller, its wireless network may still work fine.

There is an article here that deals with this issue, you might want to take some time to read it:What to do if Omada Device Adoption Failure

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Hank21 Thanks for the information you share. 

I read this link CBC-Device Compatibility List  and found that my EAP110 Outdoor is no longer compatible or supported of using Omada Cloud-Based Controller which might be the reason why it gone haywire after successfully adopting.

I tried adopting it again but it all traiffic data was gone. I don't why it is lost. I might have missed something.

I tried accessing the EAP110 on my network and it works fine. The problem is all SSID I created was gone and all the traffic data in the my VPS

where Omada controller is installed went back to zero after adopting again. I thought even if your device is unreachable it will again retain the data when it is back online. I don't know what happened.

I was genuinely happy when the cloud-based Omada that I installed work perfectly.

It works perfectly for around 5-6 hours almost  then it fails. My internet is fine as well as the EAP110 outdoor device.

It is sad but I moved on and try other products. I'll try Rujiee cloud-based service, waiting for my device to arrive. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Exejee 

It is true that our Cloud-Based Controller and EAP110 Outdoor are incompatible. Its settings won't apply to it, even if it does adopt it. Additionally, the EAP's prior settings will vanish if you adopt it to the other controller. Since switching to a new controller will erase all of its previous settings. That is the same as resetting it. Unless you reset or reinstall the controller without saving the previously recorded data, the settings you have made should normally remain intact. It's possible that you updated it without uploading the previous firmware's backup file. This, in my opinion, has nothing to do with the EAP's temporarily disconnection.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 3

Related Articles