Refresh Interval in User Interface - Where has it gone?

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.31.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80383

Hi,

I can't see the Refresh Interval in the Global View, User Interface section of the Controller Settings?

Normally shown under the Refresh Button setting.....

Has it been removed for some reason?

My details:-

Thanks

Jim

Jim Prior Cogitare et Vivare - sit atur ad Astra (To Think is to Live - Thus reach we the Stars)
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Refresh Interval in User Interface - Where has it gone?-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hank21 wrote

@UKJim 

Do you clear the browser's cache? If not, you could try. Do you log in locally? Or via the cloud? In comparison to the local controller, the Cloud Controller may overlook some settings. Furthermore, is the account you log into the main account? If not, please log in using the main administrator account.

@Hank21

Interesting.

I normally use Firefox (but I don't really want to clear browsing data/cookies there).

And normally I use Cloud to access the controller (https://euw1-omada-cloud.tplinkcloud.com/#account)

I have two admin accounts one for Cloud, one for Local, both have Role of Main Admin...

I tried clearing cookies/browsing data in Chrome but it still won't show the Refresh Interval in Chrome.

Next in Firefox I went to the direct IP address for the Controller (not Cloud) and logged in using my local admin details (is that Standalone mode?).

And here it shows the Refresh Interval, thank you!

So it seems as you say that the Cloud access ignores some settings!!?

Can you report that to your dev team?

Thanks

Jim

Jim Prior Cogitare et Vivare - sit atur ad Astra (To Think is to Live - Thus reach we the Stars)
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Refresh Interval in User Interface - Where has it gone?
3 weeks ago

@UKJim 

I tested on my CBC controller V5.14.26.40. It did not remove. Perhaps you might try another web browser.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

I normally use Firefox with no problems previously.

I have now also tried MS Edge and Chrome, all the same.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

Options
3 weeks ago

@UKJim 

Do you clear the browser's cache? If not, you could try. Do you log in locally? Or via the cloud? In comparison to the local controller, the Cloud Controller may overlook some settings. Furthermore, is the account you log into the main account? If not, please log in using the main administrator account.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Refresh Interval in User Interface - Where has it gone?-Solution

Hank21 wrote

@UKJim 

@Hank21

Interesting.

I normally use Firefox (but I don't really want to clear browsing data/cookies there).

And normally I use Cloud to access the controller (https://euw1-omada-cloud.tplinkcloud.com/#account)

I have two admin accounts one for Cloud, one for Local, both have Role of Main Admin...

I tried clearing cookies/browsing data in Chrome but it still won't show the Refresh Interval in Chrome.

Next in Firefox I went to the direct IP address for the Controller (not Cloud) and logged in using my local admin details (is that Standalone mode?).

And here it shows the Refresh Interval, thank you!

So it seems as you say that the Cloud access ignores some settings!!?

Can you report that to your dev team?

Thanks

Jim

Recommended Solution
Options

@UKJim 

Yes, for some settings, only the local controller has, while the cloud controller does not have. This is the design. However, I can help provide feedback to related departments. They will evaluate this feature and decide if there is a need to add these settings to the cloud controller.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

I think the sensible thing would be for the Controller User Guide to be updated to explain admins should use Standalone mode to edit the value if it doesn't appear in Cloud interface.

At least that's a simple quick fix until a decision is made on how its going to be handled (ie. its just a text update in a manual, rather than requiring coding effort and re-deployment).

Jim

Options
2 weeks ago

@UKJim 

Thanks for your feedback. I will help provide it to our related department. They will take the suggestions into account.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 150

Replies: 7

Related Articles