Revert forgotten of device

2 weeks ago
Model: OC300   TL-SG3452XP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I installed new switch TL-SG3452XP in new branch in our complex L3 network with lot of VLANs and subnets and firewalls between nodes. I made initialization and I adopt switch into central controller OC300 successfully. But then I found, that there is used "wrong" VLAN/subnet, wrong means, that switch was adopt in other VLAN instead of wanted VLAN, dedicated only for network management. I swapped VLAN on firewall, switch received new IP address from requested VLAN (of course different than original one). But in the same time OC300 lost connectivity to the switch and switch got status "missed"  I tried to re-adopt or refresh switch in OC300, but it was still in status "missed". I decided to start adoption from scratch, so I made complete factory reset on switch over console cable and concurently I confirmed forgotten of device on controller. But now, even I entered again controller settings on switch management URL and there are visible UDP packets going from switch to controller on firewall log, I cannot see the switch in device list on controller and I'm not able to adopt it again.

How to "forget on forgotting" and allow to adopt switch again?

Thank you

Kind regards

Jindrich

Options
1 Reply
Re:Revert forgotten of device
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Jindrich-Kovar 

Please use the other methods described in this article to see if you can locate it. Like using DHCP Option 138 or Omada Discover Utility.

How to discover Omada devices via Software Controller and Hardware Controller

Use this link to configure the management VLAN:

How to configure Management VLANs for Omada Switches and APs (for Business scenario)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 1

Related Articles