What should I do if my device keeps disconnecting from the internet when it’s connected to my TP-Link Range Extender?

Publicado el: 2018-11-27 06:00:32?ltima hora de actualización: 2024-03-25 02:19:21

The range extender may extend Wi-Fi signal but it does not maintain the connection. This FAQ will guide you to do some tests to exclude possibility caused by router other elements beside the range extender.

a device means: computers, laptops, mobile phones, etc.

Note: Refer to UG to get detailed info of the LED status.

Case 1

Step 1

Update the range extender to latest firmware.

Step 2

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

Case 2

Step 1

Disable then enable the wireless network connection of the device.

Step 2

To figure out the problem please place the RE near to the router to see whether the problem still exists.

Step 3

Check the IP address, default gateway and DNS of the device, when the range extender loses its connection.

Step 4

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

Comentario

Thank you for sharing your experience with TP-Link products. It's frustrating when your connection keeps disconnecting while using the TP-Link Range Extender. It's great to hear that you've been using TP-Link for over 11 years and continue to rely on them, especially as a service provider helping others with networking problems. Your expertise is valuable.Thank you for sharing your experience with TP-Link products. It's frustrating when your connection keeps disconnecting while using the TP-Link Range Extender. It's great to hear that you've been using TP-Link for over 11 years and continue to rely on them, especially as a service provider helping others with apkrelax networking problems. Your expertise is valuable.

Hi myself Kamreic, I am working as developer. I Like to write code for different platform like https://apkrelax.com/. That's my hobby.

TP LINK SUPPORT IS WORST ND THEY ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THE P ORION OF LIVE CHAT SORRY ALSO DIFFERENT WORK. NOR THEY HAVE ANY CUSTOMER CARE NO OR SERVICE STATION DETAILS.

I WILL STRICTLY RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY TP LINK TO ALL ALL MY COMMUNITY

This troubleshooting guide covers both software (firmware) and hardware (placement, settings) aspects to help users identify and resolve connectivity issues with their Wi-Fi range extender. If all else fails, contacting TP-Link support ensures that users can get further assistance specific to their router model.This troubleshooting guide covers both software (firmware) and hardware (placement, settings) aspects to help users identify and resolve connectivity issues with their Wi-Fi range extender. If all else fails, contacting TP-Link support ensures that users can get further assistance specific to their router model.

If your device keeps disconnecting from the internet when connected to your TP-Link Range Extender, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Signal Strength:

• Ensure that your device has a strong and stable connection to the TP-Link Range Extender. If the signal strength is weak, it may result in intermittent disconnections. Reposition the range extender to improve signal strength.
  2. Update Firmware:

• Check if there are firmware updates available for your TP-Link Range Extender. Outdated firmware can lead to performance issues. Visit the TP-Link website, locate your extender model, and follow instructions to update the firmware.
  3. Frequency Interference:

• Wireless interference from other devices or neighboring networks can disrupt the connection. Try changing the wireless channel on your TP-Link Range Extender to reduce interference. You can do this in the extender's web interface. 
  4. Security Settings:

• Ensure that your wireless security settings (like WPA2) on both the router and the range extender match. Mismatched security settings can cause connection problems.
  5. Distance and Obstacles:

• Make sure that the distance between your device and the TP-Link Range Extender is within its effective range. Also, avoid physical obstacles like walls and large furniture that may block the Wi-Fi signal.
  6. Restart Devices:

• Try restarting both your TP-Link Range Extender and the router. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.
  7. Check for IP Conflicts:

• Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts on your network. Devices with conflicting IP addresses can cause network disruptions. Configure your range extender to obtain an IP address automatically.
  8. Reset Extender Settings:

• If other solutions don't work, consider resetting the TP-Link Range Extender to its factory settings. You'll need to reconfigure it afterward, but this can sometimes resolve persistent issues.
  9. Contact TP-Link Support:

• If the problem persists, consider reaching out to TP-Link's customer support. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and network setup.
  10. Use a Wired Connection:

• If possible, test the stability of your internet connection by connecting your device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable, it may indicate an issue with the range extender.

11. Wait 2-3 years for tp-link to do ethernet backhaul for your RE device :(

I can't find my device and to find it I'm forced to connect to my device's Wi-Fi network, but since I'm in another house, what do I do?

Merci

upload
    upload