EAP-225 problem with mobile devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-06 21:38:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My EAP-225 device is configured on EAP Controller to work with vlan2 and vlan3. With notebook all works fine, but with mobile devices (iphone, android phone) is problem: they cant give ip address from juniper srx-320 dhcp server, they don't see network. Then I create SSID without vlan id, mobile device works fine with my EAP-225. Where can be a problem? EAP-225 are updated - newest firmware (with old - same problem).
Options
18 Reply
Re:EAP-225 problem with mobile devices
2017-11-07 11:06:46

tomux wrote

My EAP-225 device is configured on EAP Controller to work with vlan2 and vlan3. With notebook all works fine,
How does the notebook work fine? Both with the SSIDs in VLAN2 and VLAN3?
Did you configure the switch?

For configuration details, you may check this out: http:// http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1849.html
Options
2017-11-07 14:40:25
I don't use swhitch. I have Juniper SRX-320 which supports ethernet switching. I created on it trunk port (both vlans) and connected EAP-225. On Junipeter SRX-320 I created vlan interfaces (irb) for each vlans. With notebook wifi all works fine. With mobile phones I can connect to SSID, but I cant get IP address and cant see network. I tried to set mannualy ip address on my mobile phones - no result. When I create EAP SSID without vlan id - mobile phones works fine. I think maybe need to change mtu value of juniper. No more ideas where can be a problem.
Options
2017-11-07 19:00:48
Hi,

You mean when you use notebook to connect to the SSID with VLAN, the notebook works fine. But when you used your mobile phone to connect the same SSID, you can't even get IP address?
In this situation, I suggest you try to use another mobile phone to check if it is works.
Options
2017-11-07 20:33:30
I tried another mobile phone - same problem. Now I'm in situation when mobile phone works with manually setted ip address, but cant get ip from dhcp server while notebook get ip from same vlan without any problem. It's dhcp time problem, but I cant figure out where is problem.
Options
2017-11-07 22:56:27
Do you have your EAP225 configured with VLAN IDs for the SSIDs? What is the exact configuration for the port on the Juniper that the EAP is plugged into? I'm thinking you may want to try setting the vlan-id to all and see if that helps; if that doesn't work, try none -- depending on your configuration, none may enable shared VLAN learning. It's been a couple of years since I've screwed around with Juniper hardware, so I don't remember the specifics on stuff like this :/

Also, just for thoroughness, what VLAN IDs are you using on the EAP225, and on the SRX320?
Options
2017-11-08 18:54:58
I changed my network topology and added HP Pro Curve switch between Juniper SRX and EAP-225.Now I have a goal to run Wifi with only vlan (vlan2). About current configuration:

My Juniper config for this case: https://justpaste.it/edit/18661356/9a85b16e
J
uniper ge-0/0/2 port is connected to HP Pro Curve switch port (port have trunk link, tagged vlan2 and vlan3, untagged vlan1). On another HP Pro Curve switch port I created tagged vlan2 and connected EAP-225 to it. I tried use trunk type for this port, but trunk stops all my network. When I set manually ip address for my mobile phone its works fine, but mobile phone cant get ip address from juniper dhcp server. My laptop wifi adapter or my PC with USB Wifi works fine - gets ip address from juniper srx dhcp server without any problem.
Options
2017-11-09 00:59:28
Here's a thought: You might need to propagate the settings to the VLAN as per this Juniper KB article. You have the pools propagating to the interfaces, but it may need to be propagated directly to the VLANs themselves.

Try replacing irb.2 and irb.3 on your propagate-settings lines with vlan.2 and vlan.3, respectively -- can you get DHCP addresses with that?
Options
2017-11-09 04:15:31

DocJones wrote

Here's a thought: You might need to propagate the settings to the VLAN as per this Juniper KB article. You have the pools propagating to the interfaces, but it may need to be propagated directly to the VLANs themselves.Try replacing irb.2 and irb.3 on your propagate-settings lines with vlan.2 and vlan.3, respectively -- can you get DHCP addresses with that?
Your reference to juniper kb article iš old. New Junos OS versions not support l3 interface type vlan.x. Instead it is used irb.x interface. My config is identitical to your referrenced juniper kb article.
Options
2017-11-09 04:30:38
Now network topology is: srx -> hp pro curve 1920 switch -> EPA 225. Trunk between srx and hp pro curve switch works fine, būt if I try to make trunk between hp switch and eap 225 my network stops: ping from PC with static IP to PC with static IP on same vlan stops responding. Eap device dont have port type selection.
Options
2017-11-09 04:55:30
I've been out of circulation a few years on JunOS... but the article does explicitly reference " For version after 12.1, user may opt for using JDHCPD:" and was updated this March with the comment " Added sample configuration and output for JDHCPD" so I'd wager that part is still relevant to newer devices/OS versions. Did you take a look at the configs for that? Search the page for "JDHCPD" to jump to the beginning of thenewer part.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4966

Replies: 18