ER-604w, want to route/nat all traffic through vpn using specific IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-11 22:46:54 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:51:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Canada

Model : ER604W

Hardware Version : V2

I have setup a site-to-site ipsec VPN tunnel ( which connects fine) but one of the requirements is to have all local data flowing through the VPN using a specific ip to reach an address on the other side

ive accomplished this before using PFsense, but im a lot lost on how to accomplish this through this router

hopefully im explaninng it well enough

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:ER-604w, want to route/nat all traffic through vpn using specific IP
2018-04-25 17:56:06 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:51:02

fozzybaer wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Canada

Model : ER604W

Hardware Version : V2

I have setup a site-to-site ipsec VPN tunnel ( which connects fine) but one of the requirements is to have all local data flowing through the VPN using a specific ip to reach an address on the other side

ive accomplished this before using PFsense, but im a lot lost on how to accomplish this through this router

hopefully im explaninng it well enough

Thanks

I had the same issue with my Archer MR200 with regards to VPN set up. Similar to yours, I want to forward all traffic from my local remote network through the VPN and back to our office's network. I do not want to use Split-Tunneling method. In order to do this, a (default) static route should be configured through the VPN tunnel so that every traffic forwarded to our office.

I think TP-Link should include this capability in their latest firmware update with regards to VPN. So far, with current firmware (regardless any device supports IPSEC) does not support this capability yet !

Thanks.

Alex
Alex Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 816

Replies: 1

Related Articles