CPE-510 configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE-510 configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE-510 configuration
CPE-510 configuration
2018-02-10 14:24:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi.
I would like to configure the cpe510 antenna in repeater mode and then repeat the signal to another antenna in my structure.
In order not to use 4 antennas in point-to-point mode I would like to try using only 3 antennas and use the central one as a repeater.
Do you think it's possible?

Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE-510 configuration
2018-02-11 21:12:22

charneval wrote

M
I would like to configure the cpe510 antenna in repeater mode and then repeat the signal to another antenna in my structure.
In order not to use 4 antennas in point-to-point mode I would like to try using only 3 antennas and use the central one as a repeater.
Do you think it's possible?

It is possible if both CPEs at the end are in the area covered by the repeater, yes. The coverage of a CPE510 is 45° on the H and E plane. However, you still will have to deal with the hidden node problem (HNP) if the CPE's on the end of the relaying link won't see each other. Therefore, don't use repeater mode in such a setup. Better use AP mode for the "middle" (relaying) CPE, set the two CPEs at the end of the link to client mode and enable MAXtream. This will avoid the HNP.

If both CPEs at the end of the link are outside the 45° angle, then it is not possible at all. In this case use 4 CPEs, which also avoids the HNP completely, even w/o MAXtream.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 1

Related Articles