Advice on proper equipment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-16 08:52:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

If the community could kindly submit some suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. Here is the situation.

I have a laptop that needs to control up to 999 "connected" devices (realistically I can see more than 350, but that is the requirement). I need an access point that the laptop recieves a static IP address from. All other devices should be assigned by the Access point. No internet access will be used, just the communication between the laptop to the devices and back. The laptop and the devices could be in a range of up to 1000meters wide by 1500meters - 2000meters long (outdoors of course). I have currently tested with a TL-WA5210G and it works really well, but I would like to use 801.11 N. The TL-WA5210G only allows up to 256 IP Addresses. All the devices will be using a wifi232+ from Lantronix.

What would the best TP-Link devices to use for this scenario?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 0

Related Articles