Archer C7 AC1750 - Guest network bandwidth control

2018-10-06 12:49:39

Hi,

Recently picked up the above router and when setting it up I tried to enable bandwidth control but it seems the interface has changed and this option is not available.

From the searches I have made the older green GUI had this option but what looks like the new blue GUI included with this device I can only name the guest networks and enable / disable security even with advanced option selected.

The main reason for purchasing this router was for bandwidth control on public network which was listed as a feature in a review...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
2 Replies
Re:Archer C7 AC1750 - Guest network bandwidth control
2018-10-20 19:12:01 - last edited 2018-10-20 19:13:22

I have the same router and I regret to tell you that it has no bandwidth control, it has the QOS functionality that gives priority to one or the other device but I do not know if it is very useful!

And I had also bought it for that, great disappointment

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 AC1750 - Guest network bandwidth control
2018-10-24 22:56:30

jicanew wrote

I have the same router and I regret to tell you that it has no bandwidth control, it has the QOS functionality that gives priority to one or the other device but I do not know if it is very useful!

And I had also bought it for that, great disappointment

Thanks for the reply.  As you say, very disappointing.  Why would they dumb down a newer version, cost??

Did you swap out for another router or add a second?

Options