portal authentication error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-20 11:07:36
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

the voucher portal  is unstable , it works on some devices and on other devices  it redirects to local user interface .

Options
6 Reply
Re:portal authentication error
2019-02-21 03:50:07

sanl wrote

the voucher portal  is unstable , it works on some devices and on other devices  it redirects to local user interface .

I think the problem is because your Omada Controller is offline. We need to keep Controller online when using Voucher portal authentication, since Controller need to send authentication page to wireless clients. If Controlelr is offline, then the portal page will become a simple page(different from your voucher authentication page), and you can NOT pass the authentication. 

Options
Re:Re:portal authentication error
2019-08-23 08:39:43
why mine is when the controller is offline.. they can easily access my wifi.. just by pressing the log in button the simple page. even thought my settings is in voucher.. and is there other way to make the omada controller running on cloud or any. other than buying the ac200?
Options
Re:Re:Re:portal authentication error
2019-08-23 11:12:49

Co0LD0wN wrote

why mine is when the controller is offline.. they can easily access my wifi.. just by pressing the log in button the simple page. even thought my settings is in voucher.. and is there other way to make the omada controller running on cloud or any. other than buying the ac200?

Hi Co0LD0wN,

If your using eap225-outdoor with the latest firmware, just downgrade it to the firmware before the latest one or the 1.4.1 Build 20181107 Rel. 35628. We had the same problem and here is a detailed info regarding the problem.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/162746

Hope it can help.

Regards,

JessieG!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:portal authentication error
2019-08-24 19:37:23
thank you for answering my question.. and giving me some idea that there are lots of people having the same problem with mine.. the question is.. how can i downgrade my firmware? even in the link the youve given doesnt answer the question on how to downgrade.. hope you can help me.. coz i have a feeling that there are people connected to my voucher wifi.. thank you in advance..
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:portal authentication error
2019-08-24 20:10:50
done downgrading from 1.5 to 1.4. .but still the same problem.. i can still access the wifi.. with just checking the terms of services then click log in.. downgrading doesnt solve the problem at all. .
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:portal authentication error
2019-08-26 00:39:49

Co0LD0wN wrote

done downgrading from 1.5 to 1.4. .but still the same problem.. i can still access the wifi.. with just checking the terms of services then click log in.. downgrading doesnt solve the problem at all. .

Hello,

We should make sure that the Omada Controller is running all the time if we want to use the portal. If the Omada Controller is off-line, then the portal cannot work normally. 

Note: There is a bug for the firmware of the EAP, when the Controller is off-line, the portal can still work. We will try to fix this bug in next firmware.

Options