EAP225 V3 FW bug ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225 V3 FW bug ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-16 13:24:40

Hi, I am having very similar issues as described in this thread. I am running an EAP225 connected to a Netgear router. I manage it via the web interface and it's on firmware 2.3.0 Build 20180628 Rel. 54512(4555).

The netgear is configured to provide DHCP, but I also have a couple of devices with a static IP as well.

After a reboot of the EAP225 the network functions correctly. I can ping all my devices and everyone is happy. However after some time (maybe around the 10 hours described by the OP) then all devices connected to the EAP225 become unreachable. They cannot be pinged, they do not respond to ARP requests (by checking wireshark), however they can continue to ping out to the router, and internet devices too. This affects all devices, such as laptops assigned an address via DHCP, or my IOT devices which have a static address.

Everything works fine if I enable WiFi on the router instead of the EAP225 - so to me that indicates a problem with the EAP225 rather that my network configuration. The symptoms do seem very similar to have SSID isolation enabled - even though it is not.

Can this be investigated further? Thank you.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-16 20:35:03
Hi, at least I am somehow glad, that I am not the only one with this problem. You probably read thru the posts and noticed that TP neither has a solution nor does even take this seriously. I also reached out to the technical service team ... but no reponse. The bare minimum reply I got is that the problem originates most likely from the connected devices... Fantastic. Looks like TP is just interessted to sell their products but after that you're on your own. Disappointing customer service.
EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-20 02:40:55

Hi,

We have tested in our lab but we didn't reproduce your issue, please upgrade the firmware to the latest version, and then check if the problem still exists, if yes, please tell us and we will try our best to help you with your issue.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-20 15:51:55 - last edited 2019-03-20 15:52:42

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. That is the latest firmware according to my region: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/eap225/#Firmware

The problem still persists for me - after a certain amount of time (many hours), devices connected to the EAP225 are no longer reachable (unable to ping in). They continue to retain connection and can ping out though. A reboot of the EAP225 fixes the issue for some futher period of time until it stops working again.

Can you advise where I can obtain a newer firmware version for my region (UK)?

Many thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-21 01:04:59

bjh_101 wrote

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. That is the latest firmware according to my region: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/eap225/#Firmware

The problem still persists for me - after a certain amount of time (many hours), devices connected to the EAP225 are no longer reachable (unable to ping in). They continue to retain connection and can ping out though. A reboot of the EAP225 fixes the issue for some futher period of time until it stops working again.

Can you advise where I can obtain a newer firmware version for my region (UK)?

Many thanks.

Hi,

You can download the latest firmware in our global website: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap225/#Firmware

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-21 18:23:50

jonas wrote

Hi,

You can download the latest firmware in our global website: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap225/#Firmware

Thank you, I have installed that now, and I will see how things go and let you know what I find.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-23 11:58:57

Hi,

Since installing the latest version of the firmware, I am still getting the same problem - devices connected via the EAP225 are no longer accessible via ping (although they are still connected, and can access the internet) after a while (eg. overnight.)

Are there any further things I can try to help you diagnose the issue?

Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-23 19:41:38 - last edited 2019-03-23 19:42:38

Hi,

as stated above I have exactely the same issue and purchased another EAP225 just to make sure that it's not a hardware fault. But even with the new EAP225 V3.1 the issue persists. On the 2.4GHz network the client (a multi-room audio system with internet radio) is not "visible" after 10-12 hrs of operation, although visible in the EAP's client list. A hard reboot resolves the issue but after the same period trouble starts again. All other clients remain fully operational but you can't ping them anymore.

As a matter of blank despair I connected the multi-room audio system to the 5GHz network. And now I observe 2 interessting effects:

1) the multi-room audio system works now since 17 hrs .... no problem, no interruption, always visible and can be pinged

2) the host name is now properly visible (wasn't on 2.4GHz) together with my home network domain name

I think this is the ultimative evidence that the Firmware is buggy !

Cheers,

Manfred

EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-03-29 02:04:54

Have you tried configuring your 2.4ghz radio to only do 802.11 B/G?   In my case that allowed some clients to connect...

But, I agree, the EAP225 has issues. I do not know if they are hardware or firmware but they are certainly real.

I am having so much trouble with this AP that I am considering just shelving it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-02 08:47:02

Looks like disabeling air time fairness on the 2.4Ghz helped in my case. Still evaluating.

Options
Related Articles