EAP in Client mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP in Client mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP in Client mode?
EAP in Client mode?
2019-03-15 04:52:38

Hi together,

does there exist any EAPxxx which can be used as WLAN client to connect a device to Wi-Fi by a LAN-RJ45 Connector?

(Alternatively, which other TPlink device would allow such client mode?)

Many thanks in advance for any hint!

Rgds

Tom

Options
11 Reply
Re:EAP in Client mode?
2019-03-15 05:42:35

Pfalztomas wrote

Hi together,

does there exist any EAPxxx which can be used as WLAN client to connect a device to Wi-Fi by a LAN-RJ45 Connector?

(Alternatively, which other TPlink device would allow such client mode?)

Many thanks in advance for any hint!

Rgds

Tom

Hi,

Do you mean the following topology, and the EAP works as the wireless clients?

Router/AP ))))  EAP ---- wired device

The EAP225-Outdoor support this mode now. You can connect the EAP225-Outdoor to another EAP225-Outdoor via wireless connection (Mesh function), then you can connect the wired device, such as Router to the LAN port of this EAP225-Outdoor. The wired device behind the EAP225-Outdoor can access the Internet normally.

Also, our Pharos CPE support the Client mode.

Options
Re:Re:EAP in Client mode?
2019-03-18 13:26:17

Dear Jonas,

thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, I have this scenario:

Router <--> LAN (TP-Link POE-Switch) <--> eap225-Outdoor at the wall of house#1 )))) eap225-Outdoor at the wall of house#2 <--> LAN (TP-Link POE-Switch) <--> EAP245

The User near the eap245 should be able to use the lan / internet via the eap245 and via the router in the other house.

where "<-->" means a LAN connection and "))))" means a Wi-Fi Connection.

Distance between the 2 houses: about 30m,

the Wi-Fi signal of the first eap225 is very good at the wall of house#2,

distance between 2nd eap225 and eap245: about 50m where we've installed a CAT7 LAN Cable.

All eap 225, eap245 have actual firmware

Unfortuneately, at the 2nd eap225, I coldn't find any possibility to change the Wi-FI-Mode from AP (AccessPoint) into ClientMode (or Repeater Mode, where I also can use the LAN Port). So pls. would you be able to tell me how I can change the mode so that I'd be able connect that 2nd eap225 to the first one by Wi-Fi?

Many thanks for your help!

Kind rgds

Tom

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP in Client mode?
2019-03-20 01:42:04

Pfalztomas wrote

Dear Jonas,

thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, I have this scenario:

Router <--> LAN (TP-Link POE-Switch) <--> eap225-Outdoor at the wall of house#1 )))) eap225-Outdoor at the wall of house#2 <--> LAN (TP-Link POE-Switch) <--> EAP245

The User near the eap245 should be able to use the lan / internet via the eap245 and via the router in the other house.

where "<-->" means a LAN connection and "))))" means a Wi-Fi Connection.

Distance between the 2 houses: about 30m,

the Wi-Fi signal of the first eap225 is very good at the wall of house#2,

distance between 2nd eap225 and eap245: about 50m where we've installed a CAT7 LAN Cable.

All eap 225, eap245 have actual firmware

Unfortuneately, at the 2nd eap225, I coldn't find any possibility to change the Wi-FI-Mode from AP (AccessPoint) into ClientMode (or Repeater Mode, where I also can use the LAN Port). So pls. would you be able to tell me how I can change the mode so that I'd be able connect that 2nd eap225 to the first one by Wi-Fi?

Many thanks for your help!

Kind rgds

Tom

Hi Tom,

No, we don't need to change the AP to client mode, we can just use the Mesh function (just like the repeater mode, the Mesh AP can connect with the Root AP via wireless connection) to meet your demand. Just like this topology: Router-----EAP225-Outdoor(Root AP)    ))))    EAP225-Outdoor(Mesh AP)-----Switch----EAP245 

You can refer to page 46 of UG of Omada Controller: https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201903/20190319/1910012506_Omada%20Controller%20Software%203.1.4_UG.pdf for how to build a Mesh network with EAP225-Outdoor.

Options
Re:EAP in Client mode? & wi-fi Repeater mode?
2019-04-03 13:58:44

Hi Together,

thank you very much for your tipps!

Belonging to your tipps, I've installed an oc200 and included the 2nd (resetted) eap-225-outdoor by wi-fi into the mesh network. Then I could include the (also resetted) eap-245 into that network and everything works as intended, thanks a lot for your help!!

Annother question: When I have a single eap-2x5, for ex eap-225 or eap-245, can I install that eap as wi-fi client and / or as wi-fi repeater?

With single use, I mean, that there exists any Router(withWi-Fi)  -))) EAP245 which should be connected by wi-fi to that router and repeat the wi-fi signal - and eventually should provide LAN to it's LAN-Port so that devices without wi-fi can be connected to the EAP-245's LAN-Port.

Or is that not possible with these devices (does there exist alternatives for that)?

Thanks once more for any tipp to my questions!

Kind rgds

Tom

Options
Re:Re:EAP in Client mode? & wi-fi Repeater mode?
2019-04-08 09:58:38

Pfalztomas wrote

Hi Together,

thank you very much for your tipps!

Belonging to your tipps, I've installed an oc200 and included the 2nd (resetted) eap-225-outdoor by wi-fi into the mesh network. Then I could include the (also resetted) eap-245 into that network and everything works as intended, thanks a lot for your help!!

Annother question: When I have a single eap-2x5, for ex eap-225 or eap-245, can I install that eap as wi-fi client and / or as wi-fi repeater?

With single use, I mean, that there exists any Router(withWi-Fi)  -))) EAP245 which should be connected by wi-fi to that router and repeat the wi-fi signal - and eventually should provide LAN to it's LAN-Port so that devices without wi-fi can be connected to the EAP-245's LAN-Port.

Or is that not possible with these devices (does there exist alternatives for that)?

Thanks once more for any tipp to my questions!

Kind rgds

Tom

Hi, 

For EAP product, it does not support repeater mode now(just like Router ))) EAP). Maybe you can choose SOHO RE products.

Options
2020-02-06 06:48:20

@jonas Hello

i have to connect the eap225-outdoor to a cisco ap as a client/bridge to bring devices via LAN to the network.

is this also possible?

thanks for reply

Heiko

Options
2020-02-06 12:56:52

heiko2 wrote

i have to connect the eap225-outdoor to a cisco ap as a client/bridge to bring devices via LAN to the network.

is this also possible?

No, EAPs can't run in client mode. You could use a Phaors CPE in Client mode to connect a LAN to an existing AP, but keep in mind that maximum distance is limited by the Cisco AP, not by the CPEs.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-09-12 18:59:36

@jonas 

How does this work?

I setup 2 EAP225-Outdoor.

Nr.1 is connected to a Router and the oc200, the 2nd is connected wireless and has a wired Client, but i have no Internet 

Options
2020-09-14 10:03:43

Dear @JJJA,

I setup 2 EAP225-Outdoor.

Nr.1 is connected to a Router and the oc200, the 2nd is connected wireless and has a wired Client, but i have no Internet 

Have you configured the Mesh feature on the OC200 controller?

For the case, please check the points below.

1. Power off the 2nd EAP225-Outdoor, connect your phone to the 1st EAP via WiFi, verify if you have Internet access or not. If you don't have Internet access, please check the Ethernet connection between the Router and the 1st EAP, try a different cable for checking.

2. Power on the 2nd EAP225-Outdoor, wireless adopt it on the OC200 Controller, enable Mesh feature and link it to the 1st EAP by referring to the manual.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-06 13:35:51

@jonas , hello.
What router can I use to connect  to the client (AP) EAP225-outdoor?
do any kind of router/repeater suffice?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11636

Replies: 11

Related Articles