Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-10 08:41:51
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20181107 Rel. 35628

Hi,

I just want to report this bug in Omada Controller version 3.1.4 installed in my laptop. this happend twice already. I was creating vouchers by 30 tickets but had errors on the details, so i listed them with 30 and click on the select all button then delete and all the other vouchers were also deleted. When I was using an older version of the Omada controller I didn't encounter this problem or bug.

Hope you can fix or resolve this in the next versions.

And some suggestions on changing or giving name to clients rather than just relying on the hostname and MAC address this will be great in quickly identifying loyal clients and bad clients.

Regards,

Omada controller user.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug
2019-04-10 11:38:13

Hi JessieG,

I don't think it is a bug. Normally, when we click Select All button, then every voucher code will be deleted. It is not related to the amount the page shows.

Options
Re:Re:Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug
2019-04-12 00:00:24
Hi cbq, But when I was using the lower version I did not encounter that problem. Like i have 100+ vouchers and list only 30 and sort them by date then click the select all box, I only delete those listed, Its very convenient that way in organizing so many vouchers. Thanks
Options
Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug
2019-04-12 02:11:01

Hi JessieG,

In the previous version of 3.1.4, our design of this function was not very reasonable. Now this function has been modified in the version of 3.1.4.So when we click "select all", we will select all the codes and delete them. If you only want to delete one page of code, you can manually select and delete it.

It may take some inconvenience for you, sorry about that.

Options
Re:Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug
2019-06-26 01:48:52

...same thing happens when you search for vouchers and then check on the tiny box to "select all"
if you click Print Selected Vouchers, ...it will print EVERY Unused Vouchers instead of ALL SELECTED VOUCHERS

Options
Re:Re:Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug
2019-07-18 13:07:31

To be honest, deleting stuff in the backgound is always the worst think you can do in UX. I had the same problem as OP and deleted all my vouchers unintentionally.

@cbq: No, it's not normal! "Select all" in a good UX should alwas mean: "Select all (you see)", especially when it comes to deletion.

See following link for good solutions for that problme: how should the “select all” select when paginating elements

Options
Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller Version: 3.1.4 - Vouchers all check box delete bug
2019-07-22 12:19:11 - last edited 2019-07-22 12:23:54

Hi,

Thank you for all your feedback, we have the plan to change this feature in our later version of Controller.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2315

Replies: 6