SSID isolation option removed/missing from OC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SSID isolation option removed/missing from OC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:SSID isolation option removed/missing from OC200
2020-02-10 01:50:42

@forrest 

I have multiple internal networks, all private subnets as our company only has one routable IP.

We connect our AP to our firewall via ethernet, which does dhcp assignments, firewalling and routing for our networks.

We assign static addresses to all of our company devices on Wi-Fi and need these devices to be able to access company resources, i.e. our internal file server, intranet site, all on separate private subnets behind our firewall.

We do NOT want our Wi-Fi clients to connect to each other but as you can see, certain Wi-Fi clients DO need to be able to connect to internal private/non-routable addresses.

Guest mode prevents our employees from accessing our internal resources.  

Separating guest mode and the isolation option would solve this.  The firewall would be able to allow all known IP addresses handed out by the dhcp server to access internal resources.

Thanks

Options
Re:SSID isolation option removed/missing from OC200
2021-02-01 10:49:36

@forrest

This is what I have discovered from this update. The Guest Network which is the Former SSID Isolation could not communicate on our Wifi Vendo. Is there a way to exempt IP so that our Portal could be viewed when this is enabled?

Options
Related Articles