VPN site to site Dynamic Ip on both routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-10 07:47:18 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 160803 Rel.64469n

Hi,

I have got two routers TL-R600VPN and i want to establish VPN site to site connection between them, but both are connected to ISP's by dynamic IP's.
What should I do? I'm not familiar with DDNS, but I think that it is a way to do it. Please help.

My secondary questions:
1). Are DynDns or No-IP safe for me to using it? Is there no possibility to change IP on server and make my site to site wrong connected to some other spoofed site?
2). Which VPN is best ? IPsec IKE or PPTP? (I have only those two options).
3). Is VPN really really safe ? I mean... I've nevere been using it before. But my firm is growing up and I want to go with the times.
4). Is Dynamic DNS covers my static DNS? I have defined static DNS from my ISP provider and if not, there was some troubles.

Sorry for my English. Thanks in advance.

Options
6 Reply
Re:VPN site to site Dynamic Ip on both routers
2019-05-10 11:56:58 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32

anyone?

Options
2020-10-15 17:44:03 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32
hello, did you get help to confirm your vpn? because I'm living the same situation, I tried to configure it in all ways, but it doesn't work
Options
2020-10-16 07:58:28 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32

Dear @sandrodiasalves,

hello, did you get help to confirm your vpn? because I'm living the same situation, I tried to configure it in all ways, but it doesn't work

If the WAN IP is dynamic, you can configure DDNS to map it to a domain name. Then put in the domain name for the Remote Gateway.

For TL-R600VPN V3, please refer to the configuration example below to set up the site to site VPN.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/380/

If you get a different GUI, you may refer to the guide instead,

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2163/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-16 18:27:28 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32

@Fae 

The TL-R600VPN routers are receiving public IP from the modems, but my problem is precisely how to define and configure the IPs, for example which will be the Remote Gateway within the router's IPSEC VPN configuration, it must be the operator's public IP or the modem IP?

Regarding the direction of ports, I contacted the operator, and they informed me that my IP does not teach in GCNAT and that there are no port restrictions, but to test if there would be no problem, I tested a port (7070) calling my computer directly to the operator's modem in bridge mode and it worked perfectly, but when testing with the TL-R600VPN router creating the Virtual server for my computer's ip, it didn't work the port is blocked, I believe that this is not due to router or computer firewall
Another question regarding port forwarding, in the case of IPSEC configuration, which IP would you use to do the port forwarding (Internal Server IP), would be the IP that comes from the modem? Or the IP of the TL-R600VPN router itself?

Another question is how to proceed with the dynamic IPs of the operator, I try to keep in mind that they are renewed with each restart of the modem, would it be necessary to use DDNS and how would that not be practiced?
I don't know if I can post a backup file of the router to see how my configuration is and modify it correctly, but if I could it would be an excellent alternative
I appreciate everyone's help

Options
2020-10-16 18:46:47 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32
Options
2020-10-19 03:15:08 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:49:32

Dear @sandrodiasalves,

I've replied in the new thread you posted, https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/232138

No need to reply here, please kindly update from the above thread. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3629

Replies: 6