Upper 5GHz channels on EAP-245
Wednesday
Model: EAP245
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.1.0

Hello,

firstly - I love you guys for sharing simulator/emulator for all of your products. This convinced me to buy EAP245 (fortunately, only one for now - but I planned to install about 6 of them to cover whole office).

I checked simulator:

https://emulator.tp-link.com/245v3/index.html

Especially web page with possible channels to pick and there is a list full of channels:

It does show plenty of channels that I can use. My local environment just... cr***Y slow 5G channels because of some interferences (looks like its some set of wireless cameras or smth..), which makes low 5G channels completely unusable. It does not show it anywhere, but Nanostation M5 on these channels is working very slow, as unfortunately EAP - I saw plenty of discussions, whether guys are reaching on simple iPhone speeds over 300 or 400 Mbps. Here - less then 100 standing next to AP.

I tried SSH to device, but Ive found nothing which I can change (despite there is no text editor like vi, vim, nano, joe, pico...). And simply - I just dont want to hack something, which I bought with possibility to use DFS channels.

So questions:

a) is US version limited the same?

b) Is there any chance to switch the country to different (YES I know regulations, YES I know law and I will be as an installator responsible for having troubles)

c) If answer for b is "no" - when DFS channels will be available to use?

I did installed Omada controller (btw - guys, really, please "invent" ssh/https adoption - I did L3 adoption now, which is a pain - I had to temporarily build EoIP channel from home to office to be connected with device on same range and just simply point IP address of controller...subpage of AP would be really helpful;)).

Looking forward for any answers, greetings from Poland.

Options
9 Replies
Re:Upper 5GHz channels on EAP-245
Wednesday

Hello and welcome!

DFS support has been discussed before for different countries.  I'd reccomend you take a look at this thread.  Apparently DFS is enabled in the EU version, but not the US version yet.  I don't know anything about Poland's regulations.

Have fun, and stay legal :)

Options
Re:Re:Upper 5GHz channels on EAP-245
Wednesday
Hi, thanks for answer. Polish regulations are equal for EU regulations in those terms. So according to linked post + according to what you said, I should have those channels already visible - but I dont. Ofcourse, next to device there is (EU) sign, which should be compatible. But its not :) Shall I install different firmware package?
Options
Thursday

I have no DFS chanel on my EAP245v3 (EU) access point, 

ansver from TP-LINK when I ask.

Currently, EAP245, V3 does not support DFS channel. Thanks for your feedback. We will send feedback to our R&D and see if they have any plan to release new firmware for EAP245,V3 in the future. They will assess. Sorry for the inconvenience. You may pay attention to the official website.

Options
Thursday

Ragh!

So I was VERY missleaded by simulator.

Thanks for all of your answers.

Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@shberge When did you get that reply?  According to @Lucien in the thread I mentioned above, the EU version does already support DFS.  Apparently it was added in 2.1.0.

@piterus Try getting the latest firmware from the support page.

EDIT:  I just noticed that they were talking about the EAP225 instead of the EAP245.  I don't think the EAP245 (EU or US) supports DFS, yet.

Options
Thursday

TP-LINK answered me yesterday, no DFS, it is quite a scandal impossible to build an ac network with 80mhz bandwidth without overlapping all aceess points.

her is my ap

Options
Re:Re:Re:Upper 5GHz channels on EAP-245
Thursday
I think they support DFS on the EAP225_v3(EU). But I think you are right. I haven't seen anything on the EAP245.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Upper 5GHz channels on EAP-245
Yesterday

@jonas , @Lucien , When can we expect DFS for EAP 225 v3 US ?

Options
19 hours ago

When we could expect those upper 5ghz channels support for EAP245?

Without it we can't use 80Mhz channels on our APs....

We use EAP245v1 and EAP245v3 european versions.

Options