Radiation Patterns for EAP225-Wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-23 18:05:31 - last edited 2019-11-21 02:49:03
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Does anyone have the radiation patterns for the EAP225-Wall to help with RF design?  I see that @forrest already supplied the EAP225-Ceiling-V3 radiation patterns.  Do we have something similar for the wall unit?  Also, it would be helpful to verify the orientation of the AP when the measurements were taken.  Was it sitting face-up?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Radiation Patterns for EAP225-Wall
2019-05-25 00:03:28

Hi,

Here is the radiation pattern for EAP225-wall.

Options
2020-03-11 14:31:38

First, I don't understand why this info is not part of any of the EAP225-WALL documents, or any of the EAP product documents for that matter, given that the first thing you can see at the datasheets front page is "Business Class Wi-Fi Solution", and the product is aimed at covering all areas of the business.

Secondly, @forrest could you post info that is easier to read / interpret? I don't know where the antennas are inside of the product. I'd expect vertical and horizontal radiation patterns, with a clear indication (picture) of where the 0º axis is and what the horizontal and vertical planes are with respecto to the device. Preferably one pdf that covers the radiation patterns of all Omada products, as to make it easier to select the propper devices for each room.

I ask this because my parents house has thick walls and whose rooms are quite irregular in shape and distribution. I have installed many different APs but none can reach beyond a

second wall so I bassically need one AP in every other room. I am switching all APs to EAP products so they can move freely without the current roaming issues. I will need to install no less than 6 APs and I am going to wire them all to a PoE switch. But the places at which I can seamlessly place the APs are limited (and some wall boxes are horizontal), so specific product selection and number of APs depends greatly on their radiation patter, with a second selection criteria being their wired and wireless port speeds.

So please post or link to as much radiation pattern info as you can. Thanks!

Options
2020-03-12 00:22:34

@Tintronic 

We are making a new version of the radiation pattern, so that it is easy to read. 

When we finish it, we have plan to add this to the datasheet of the EAP. By then, you can check the radiation pattern from the datasheet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6287

Replies: 3

Related Articles