AP Configuration not possible - OMADA Controller - EAP225- Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-05 16:08:14 - last edited 2019-07-09 07:37:59
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

I would like to deploy a mesh network with my Vodafone Router (CH6640E Wireless Gateway Series) and 2x EAP225-Outdoor

Do you have any idea why I can`t see any EAP at Step 3 of the Omada Controller? (Basic configuration)

1. Controller Name, 2. User Account, 3. AP Configuration 4. Wireless Network Configuration 5. Cloud Access, 6. Summary

I have tried all (in my eyes possible options)

- Both EAP and my Laptop connected via LAN to the router  

- Both EAP connected in via LAN to the router and my Laptop connected to one of the EAP`s wifi

- 1 EAP connected via LAN, the other EAP only has power and sends the WIFI signal without internet...I have connected my Laptop to both but I can`t never see the EAP`s at step 3

I have run omada-discovery-utility-3.1.13 and I can see the EAP`s there, I tried to adopt them manually with the IP address of my router and with the IP of my laptop.

I have Cloud Access and created a controller. My knowledge of this is very limited and i am thankful for every idea

Options
3 Reply
Re:AP Configuration not possible - OMADA Controller - EAP225- Outdoor
2019-07-10 03:00:49

Hello,

If you want to deploy the mesh network, you can refer to the following website:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/164100

Options
2019-12-16 10:37:17

@TheWifiNoob

i have eap225 i tried to install the omada controller but i am stuck on ap configuration its say's no device to configure, I installed latest software but no luck

Please help 

Options
2019-12-17 10:33:24

@RSG1 

Do you mean you are using the Omada Controller to manage the EAP225 and you want to deploy mesh network? 

What's the version of your EAP225? Now only EAP225 V3.0 and EAP225-Outdoor support mesh featrure, so if your version is v1 or v2, you will be not able to deploy the mesh network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1967

Replies: 3

Related Articles